MAGFest 12 - Post-MAGFest Depression hits again

Arrow

Alright, so as the one who reserved the OCR suite, I am setting some ground rules for hanging out in the suite:

1. Each person must be vouched for by at least one member of the community
  2. The door will be unlocked ONLY when there is at least one person from the community present - otherwise you will have to contact one of those who are staying in the suite to open it up, who are Garpocalypse, DaMonz, therex, or SirChadlyOC (& tentatively me as well, but I'm not sure how liberal the hotel will be about giving out an extra key card)
  3. No illegal drugs - no exceptions

Otherwise, please be considerate of the fact that some people will be sleeping in the suite & not make a mess of things. Don't do anything terrible & don't let anyone do anything terrible if you have the opportunity to prevent it.

Thanks all, and let's not ruin things so we can do this in subsequent years too!

Did you forget me (not that I will have/need a key), or do I need to seek shelter elsewhere? :puppyeyes:

Also, when you decide to break one of the paintings in the hallway try to do it near someone else's room this year.

I never installed MeGroup, I just randomly got 30 texts while I was trying to sleep, each one making a loud bell sound right after the other.. luckily it auto-removed me from the group eventually. Y'all are CRAZY and this kind of thing is why peeps should be hesitant to hand out their numbers. :-)

from groupchat? i added my number to the list and my phone hasnt been blown up yet. i did install groupme, but i havent set it up yet. also, i dunno if this is in the OP ( i dont have time to check atm) but theres a guidebook for mag that you can download for android or ios, it has the schedule, some maps, and i think you can bookmark panels and stuff! just download the app "guidebook" and search for magfest.

from groupchat? i added my number to the list and my phone hasnt been blown up yet. i did install groupme, but i havent set it up yet. also, i dunno if this is in the OP ( i dont have time to check atm) but theres a guidebook for mag that you can download for android or ios, it has the schedule, some maps, and i think you can bookmark panels and stuff! just download the app "guidebook" and search for magfest.

Yeah, I added schedule and Guidebook info to the OP already.

GroupMe is what he's talking about (not GroupChat), and though you've installed it, someone who's already a member of the group and has you in their Facebook or phone contacts needs to add you to the OCR group first before you'll start getting the barrage of texts in there.

Can't wait to get there! :D

If all goes well I should arrive by bus tomorrow evening (around 9PM) at the Greyhound bus terminal. My plan is to get from there to MAG by taxi, but if anyone wouldn't mind getting a bit out of his way to pick me up, I'd greatly appreciate it (although it's not necessary). I would also not mind at all paying you for your trouble. :)

Can't wait to get there! :D

If all goes well I should arrive by bus tomorrow evening (around 9PM) at the Greyhound bus terminal. My plan is to get from there to MAG by taxi, but if anyone wouldn't mind getting a bit out of his way to pick me up, I'd greatly appreciate it (although it's not necessary). I would also not mind at all paying you for your trouble. :)

I'm going by greyhound bus this year too actually. It should let you off at Union Station in D.C. The resort has a shuttle service that picks people up about every 2 hours I think. I just talked to them today and they said that since I am arriving around 4pm I would have to wait for the 5pm shuttle or the 6:30 one.

Not sure about 9pm though, you can give this number a try and see what they can do for you.

703-790-5466

The shuttles are run by Chariots for Hire and it looks like you need to book in advance in order to use it.

https://www.chariotsforhiretours.com/

Round trip is 20 bucks and you need to print the receipt to show to the driver when you arrive.

Edited by Garpocalypse

Gonna reiterate that I can't use my phone so if its possible to remove me from that group chat thing that would be ideal! I don't wanna get 9000 texts when I get back to Canada, hah :<

Waiting in Toronto now and I'ma be leaving by bus at 7PM. :D Should be in DC around 11 AM tomorrow, and I guess I'll catch the fancy-dancy shuttle service to the hotel if I can!

Gonna reiterate that I can't use my phone so if its possible to remove me from that group chat thing that would be ideal! I don't wanna get 9000 texts when I get back to Canada, hah :<

Waiting in Toronto now and I'ma be leaving by bus at 7PM. :D Should be in DC around 11 AM tomorrow, and I guess I'll catch the fancy-dancy shuttle service to the hotel if I can!

Removed!

MAGFEST!