Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2013

DarkeSword

It's technically a Wily theme, so maybe Darkesword will be nice and pick it.

Well checking the last WCRG, he chose

10-1 (Abandoned Memory)

2-1

6 (X)

8-2

4-2 ©

7-4

1-1

9-2 (We're the Robots)

And the last round was Wily Machine themes (1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, or 10).

Looking at WCRG2011's Round 3, we may be seeing some ProtoMan's Fortress mixage this time around... possibly. Which is cool, cause that theme is just... oh my god so good.

But only time will tell what happens.

Edited by Mirby

If you want to play the originals and would like a difficulty ordering here goes (in my opinion) from easiest to hardest. The first three battle networks are fun as well if you want a different type of game.

MM2

MM3

MM4

MM6

MM5 Note: It jumps up a bit here

MM1

... But NovaReaper is my forum name. Or am I just really missing the point?

Right, people are only giving separate names because that's how they want to be officially listed in the compo. The only reason to give a different name for the compo is if you want to be listed as something other than "NovaReaper" when Darke posts the mixes. If you were wanting to use your real name as opposed to "NovaReaper", that's fine, I think there was just some confusion as to why people were posting their names. Shadix and tunners want to go by their actual names when the mixes are released and voting happens, which is why they made the distinction from their forum handles

EDIT: Also I thought MM1 was one of the easier ones... and MM3's end levels are hard as shit, haha

Edited by Phonetic Hero

Try the good Mega Man game oh wait there is none

face.png

Nah I'd say try Mega Man X. It's not part of this compo though.

Trying to play Mega Man using save states is a major headache. At least MMX you can play most of the way through without using save states, if you know what order to take on the robot masters in.

I've played the X series through X4. Actually I started X5 but got bored and never made it far. As such, it seems weird and frightening to me to play as a Mega Man who can't wall jump.

If you want to play the originals and would like a difficulty ordering here goes (in my opinion) from easiest to hardest. The first three battle networks are fun as well if you want a different type of game.

MM2

MM3

MM4

MM6

MM5 Note: It jumps up a bit here

MM1

Dude, wattt. My own list is totally different

Easiest

MM6

MM5

MM3

MM2

MM4

MM1

Hardest

Dunno, I guess I've played so much goddamn Mega Man in the past several years that 2, 3, 5, and 6 are just sorta rote at this point. 1 is a really, really bad game in my opinion, and 4 just feels uninspired, so I don't play either very often. And MMX is like 500504325984x easier than any of those.

Just to clear this out of the way before we get started, how much collaboration is allowed? For example, is it okay if I write guitar parts for my piece but have Tuberz play em? Is the answer different if I have him playing a quick solo or backing chords as compared to a lead?

Also I've updated my picks.

I want to avoid is just sort of passing on your mix to your team member and having them do a large chunk of work on it. Having your team members play parts for you is certainly allowed. They can also help with production advice and instruction.

The main thing to remember is that if it's your turn to be the remixer for your team, it's your show. You're the primary arranger; you're the primary artist. You're in charge of coming up with the main concept of your remix and executing that concept. Your team members are there to support and help you, but they shouldn't be doing the work for you.

I also want to stress that you cannot collaborate with people who are not on your team. This obviously means no collaborations with other teams, but it also includes people not involved with the competition, i.e. you can't get your sister to play drums for you, and you can't get your boyfriend to throw some vocals down either.

Hope that clears things up.