Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2013

DarkeSword

The system does have some mathematical oddities. For instance, if both your first and second picks are extremely popular, you may have better-than-even odds at getting the second pick.

For instance, say 4 other people pick Quick Man as their first choice, and another 4 pick Metal Man as their first. You pick Quick Man first, then Metal Man. You then have a 1/5 chance of getting Quick Man, so you probably won't. One person will be chosen to get Metal Man. Next phase, you're competing against only one person for Metal Man, assuming no one else lost their first choice and has Metal Man as their second. Net result: you have a (0.8 * 0.5) 40% chance of getting Metal Man even though you're fighting 4 other people for him. Also assuming you don't get ousted on someone's third, fourth, or fifth picks.

tl;dr: It's possible to game the system, but everyone will get results they're happier with if you don't try. Far better to rearrange your list to avoid popular choices if you can still get someone you're happy with that way.

Edited by MindWanderer

I've updated my picks in my first post so Sheep Man is my #1. No one else has Sheep Man higher than #5 so I should be set. This partially resolves a 3-way tie for Metal Man at #1, even though I picked him first ;-) It's all good though, I really want to remix Sheep Man too.

1. Sheep Man (MM10)
  2. Metal Man (MM2)
  3. Jewel Man (MM9)
  4. Burst Man (MM7)
  5. Quick Man (MM2)

TEAM: Amphibious, SuperiorX, Gario

Edited by SuperiorX

If you are updating your picks please make sure you are editing your post as everyone has been doing, not posting a new updated list in a later post.

The system does have some mathematical oddities. For instance, if both your first and second picks are extremely popular, you may have better-than-even odds at getting the second pick.

For instance, say 4 other people pick Quick Man as their first choice, and another 4 pick Metal Man as their first. You pick Quick Man first, then Metal Man. You then have a 1/5 chance of getting Quick Man, so you probably won't. One person will be chosen to get Metal Man. Next phase, you're competing against only one person for Metal Man, assuming no one else lost their first choice and has Metal Man as their second. Net result: you have a (0.8 * 0.5) 40% chance of getting Metal Man even though you're fighting 4 other people for him. Also assuming you don't get ousted on someone's third, fourth, or fifth picks.

tl;dr: It's possible to game the system, but everyone will get results they're happier with if you don't try. Far better to rearrange your list to avoid popular choices if you can still get someone you're happy with that way.

It's possible to game any system, but it's not worth the time to figure out how to do it effectively. There's enough complexity in the system to sort of just even everything out.

Edited by DarkeSword

Not as their #1, but KingTiger has it as his #2, and his #1 is Gravity Man, which 4 people have as thier #1. This draft is going to be sooooo messed up lol :-P That is a bitchin' theme though. Good luck!

He has Galaxy Man, not Gravity Man.

I can't wait until DarkeSword posts a google doc with everyone's choices. Seeing all the conflicts is going to be so beautiful

I can't wait until DarkeSword posts a google doc with everyone's choices. Seeing all the conflicts is going to be so beautiful

Ahh yes, I can't read, and I was also double-counting some posts that were quoted when I was searching through the forums. I'm going to stop now, it's too hard to keep track of :)

or to see who's team people are and the one that are still searching for a team

cause i'm one of them, maybe i will find soon enough

Not as their #1, but KingTiger has it as his #2, and his #1 is Gravity Man, which a couple people have as their #1. This draft is going to be sooooo messed up lol :-P That is a bitchin' theme though. Good luck!

I can't wait to see how the Gravity Man toss up goes. Though my #2, Wave Man I saw a few people with too.

Everyone keep posting this. Will loves it :D

Also I can pretty much guarantee he'll be too busy to join

I've already asked him as well as Jason C. I don't think he will change his mind this time around even though we would all love to hear some more awesome tunage from him :)

Are we going to see:

WillRock

Halc

Main Finger

AMT

Jewbei

AkumajoBelmont

Flexstyle

Rozovian

Emunator

TheGuitahHeroe

Prophetik

???

Don't worry guys, I got this. #1 OCR gossiper right here.

halc is not participating because he is tired of compos.

Willrock is not participating because he is busy.

TGH is not participating because he is busy.

Emunator is not participating because he is busy.

Flexstyle is not participating because he is busy

2py7tsh.jpg

Thank you for posting this. I hadn't yet gut-laughed enough times tonight, but now I have.

Edited by ectogemia

Don't worry guys, I got this. #1 OCR gossiper right here.

halc is not participating because he is scared of losing again.

Willrock is not participating because he's a judge now and forgot how to remix right proper.

TGH is not participating because he thinks he's too good for OCR now.

Emunator is not participating because he is busy with Dixie Kong.

Flexstyle is not participating because he is busy with Kiddy Kong

Fix'd10char