Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2013

DarkeSword

Does "helping" consist of advice only, or does it include actual fidgeting on the person's project file?

Use your discretion. You shouldn't be working on your arrangement and then sending the project file off to your teammate for mastering or anything like that.

Obviously I have no way of enforcing these things, but you should try to keep things on the "advice" side rather than the "let me do it for you" side.

We should be called "Super Robot Masters Team Hyperforce Go" :mrgreen:

This has too many words; as a compromise, I am suggesting:

Supra-Force Metal

I am not too familiar with the Megaman universe but the internet tells me this is indeed a Megaman-related thing. I personally don't really like the hyphen but that's just how the internet spells it.

This has too many words; as a compromise, I am suggesting:

Supra-Force Metal

I am not too familiar with the Megaman universe but the internet tells me this is indeed a Megaman-related thing. I personally don't really like the hyphen but that's just how the internet spells it.

Sadly, Supra-Force Metal is not discovered until some two centuries after the core Mega Man series. Pretty sure the team names can't be Mega Man X/Zero/ZX/Legends/Battle Network themed.

Really excited to see this competition begin. Loved last years and happy to see another great group of artists. Hopefully this time Ill get to hear MM4's Wily Stage 2 theme tackled. Best of luck to everyone.

Winner gets to have their remixes put into the next Super Smash Bros.

Aw man, that means I can't call you C&C anymore :(

Hmm, yeah, unfortunate. Still, I felt like there was one too many 'sh' sounds in my name.

Darke; is our team name acceptable seeing as it was rejected last year?

I'm assuming yes because he put that down as our name in the doc.

Do we have some wonderful artsy-type who is planning on making sig badges for the compo??

I actually mocked something up like 1-2 weeks ago, but then forgot to share :razz:. I was going for something inspired by the Robot Master 'introduction' screens you see after you pick the stage and the RM is announced. Hence the blue bar and name and whatnot. Then I thought it'd be cool to feature the RM art on the left and then a Wily Castle on the right in the background (cause why not?). Then you have the team name up top. I was also thinking the colored bar (blue in this example) could be changed to a different color for each team, so each team would be distinguishable quickly by their color bar (similar to Rexy's sigs from last year). I like it, but it didn't turn out quite as good as I had hoped. I'm not 100% sold on the fonts I choose either, but I suppose they're ok. What do you all think?

s6u3bc.png

If DarkeSword and ya'll like it, I might be able to make them for everyone. I'm not sure I'll have the time to make like 45 sigs this week, so I'd be more than happy to provide the PSD file if someone else wanted to tweak the design and make them too though.

My only other idea was to go for something more minimalist with just a 'bracket' design with just the 8-bit RM's face (like you see in the Stage Select screen) and then just have a bar that came out from that saying "Artist Name as Robot Master". It'd be a lot smaller in size and simpler. I didn't have time to mock that design up though.

Looks good man. Hit it.

Oh also, one thing. You should always turn off font smoothing in Photoshop for pixel fonts like the ones you're using for team names and for the WCRG in the corner. You don't want interpolation and smoothing on pixel fonts, it just looks bad.

Alright, will do. I'll adjust those pixel fonts. I think I might left-align the Artist Name and Robot Master name too, it looks kinda awkward staggered like that. We'll see. I'll see if I can knock these out in an hour or two tonight or tomorrow.

I'll happily help out with getting the sigs made up if you send me the psd file :smile:

If it looks like I'm getting toward the end of the week and won't have time, then I'll hit you up for help Trism. I appreciate it!

Edited by SuperiorX

Looks awesome.

Then I thought it'd be cool to feature the RM art on the left and then a Wily Castle on the right in the background (cause why not?)
I was going to ask if you could use the Wily Castle from that particular Robot Master's game, but Mega Man 1 and Powered Up don't have one, and 8's is both hideous and hard to remove from its background.
I was also thinking the colored bar (blue in this example) could be changed to a different color for each team, so each team would be distinguishable quickly by their color bar (similar to Rexy's sigs from last year).
Fourteen teams, 14 colors. It can be done, but they won't all look pretty or easy to distinguish in a flash.

Just noticed that we have a team called the Gobots. That took me by surprise (I was thinking these), but they really are just an obscure Mega Man 7 enemy.