Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2013

DarkeSword

Man this would be cool if it weren't limited to just Disney-Capcom themes, like including the Genesis Disney-esque game tunes like Castle of Illusion or later games like Kingdom Hearts, or even games from companies that are now part of the Disney machine, like the old Marvel games like Silver Surfer. ;) (Tim Fallin ftw)

I dunno, I was kind of expecting the twist to be something still in the ball park of Megaman like intro stages and auxiliary themes or hell, even a Megaman X or Megaman Zero theme. This is rather unexpected. I'm fine with it because I transcribe by ear anyways but I'm not gonna lie that it sapped some of my initial excitement for this event.

For the sake of keeping the contest momentum up might I suggest not sticking to the Capcom-Disney theme after this week\round and pulling a random game out of the hat each week? I like the idea of the unexpectedness and this is a cool theme but I really think the contest is going to stagnate fast if we keep to this theme. You could justify this as a "Disney Takes Over the World" type of approach and acquire a new franchise each week.

Edited by Shadix

Why all the drama? Certainly people can deal with remixing music from games they've never played, or don't have an emotional connection to said game. I do that in every Mega Man competition, I've only played the first game for a few hours. Good music is still good music, whether you played the game or not.

By the way, I'm going first for my team.

Man this would be cool if it weren't limited to just Disney-Capcom themes, like including the Genesis Disney-esque game tunes like Castle of Illusion or later games like Kingdom Hearts, or even games from companies that are now part of the Disney machine, like the old Marvel games like Silver Surfer. ;) (Tim Fallin ftw)

I dunno, I was kind of expecting the twist to be something still in the ball park of Megaman like intro stages and auxiliary themes or hell, even a Megaman X or Megaman Zero theme. This is rather unexpected. I'm fine with it because I transcribe be ear anyways but I'm not gonna lie that it sapped some of my initial excitement for this event.

For the sake of keeping the contest momentum up might I suggest not sticking to the Capcom-Disney theme after this week\round and pulling a random game out of the hat each week? I like the idea of the unexpectedness and this is a cool theme but I really think the contest is going to stagnate fast if we keep to this theme. You could justify this as a "Disney Takes Over the World" type of approach and acquire a new franchise each week.

We're sticking with Capcom.

Disney Kingdom ReMix Gauntlet.
Waltdisney/Capcom Remix Gauntlet.
I like the idea of the unexpectedness and this is a cool theme but I really think the contest is going to stagnate fast if we keep to this theme.
Given that there were 11 eligible Mega Man games and there are 20 eligible Disney games, and that any source from those 20 games can be chosen rather than just the 2-5 Wily themes, if anything this helps. Edited by MindWanderer

Why all the drama? Certainly people can deal with remixing music from games they've never played, or don't have an emotional connection to said game. I do that in every Mega Man competition, I've only played the first game for a few hours. Good music is still good music, whether you played the game or not.

By the way, I'm going first for my team.

Yeah, we'll deal. I'm just grumpy about being overtly lied to. These competitions are long and time-consuming. I honestly would have considered quitting for real if teams weren't involved (well played, Darke).

Anyway, no more being pissed. The piss is gone. I have no more piss. It is time to make waves out of my opponents' tears.