Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2013

DarkeSword

Anyone up for a listening party over IRC when the tracks get posted?

If I'm not working or at church, then yes :)

EDIT: Don't know how y'all are doin, but I'm preeettty much done with my track :P I'm not submitting until Saturday night, though, in case I notice anything that warrants fixing/changing, or in case my teammates have anything to say about it.

EDIT EDIT: Darke, just to confirm the file naming rules, for this round my filename should be: Robot Master Royalty - KingTiger - blahblahblah (Galaxy Man and Adventures in the Magic Kingdom - Pirate Island).wav ORRR would I leave out the "Adventures in the Magic Kingdom" part?

Edited by KingTiger

If I'm not working or at church, then yes :)

EDIT: Don't know how y'all are doin, but I'm preeettty much done with my track :P I'm not submitting until Saturday night, though, in case I notice anything that warrants fixing/changing, or in case my teammates have anything to say about it.

EDIT EDIT: Darke, just to confirm the file naming rules, for this round my filename should be: Robot Master Royalty - KingTiger - blahblahblah (Galaxy Man and Adventures in the Magic Kingdom - Pirate Island).wav ORRR would I leave out the "Adventures in the Magic Kingdom" part?

Leave out Adventures in the Magic Kingdom.

I hope everyone is hard at work on their remixes and that we have no drops. I know the Disney thing was kind of a gut-punch for some people but I wanted there to be a little more narrative this year. The story isn't over, and I have some fun ideas planned for Block 2 that I think you guys will really like. Keep mixing and stay tuned. :)

I hope everyone is hard at work on their remixes and that we have no drops. I know the Disney thing was kind of a gut-punch for some people but I wanted there to be a little more narrative this year. The story isn't over, and I have some fun ideas planned for Block 2 that I think you guys will really like. Keep mixing and stay tuned. :)

I'd like to make just one request:

There is also the possibility for extra rounds either in between blocks or at the end. I have not made any decisions regarding those yet.
Since you've now established that there may be pretty significant surprises, can you at least give us some warning in advance of when this sort of thing may happen? Not the content, but so we can schedule things among our team members. Our team has chosen our order of participation based on upcoming travel plans, so if you're going to throw a monkey wrench into that we need to be able to work around it as much as possible.

I'd like to make just one request:Since you've now established that there may be pretty significant surprises, can you at least give us some warning in advance of when this sort of thing may happen? Not the content, but so we can schedule things among our team members. Our team has chosen our order of participation based on upcoming travel plans, so if you're going to throw a monkey wrench into that we need to be able to work around it as much as possible.

I can tell you right now that there will be no special weeks in between blocks. We MAY do a two-week Final Battle at the end of the ninth week where the entire team collaborates.

I've replaced the Roster and Team sheets with a new Scoreboard sheet. We'll be keeping track of scores week to week on that sheet. Please give it a look and make sure there are no errors.

Also taking suggestions for Capcom-Disney themes for ROUND 2. No guarantees that I will pick anything you suggest, but I will look at all ideas.

I've replaced the Roster and Team sheets with a new Scoreboard sheet. We'll be keeping track of scores week to week on that sheet. Please give it a look and make sure there are no errors.

Also taking suggestions for Capcom-Disney themes for ROUND 2. No guarantees that I will pick anything you suggest, but I will look at all ideas.

I've found an error. Sterling (Robot Master Royalty) has Dive Man not Splash Woman.

I know the Disney thing was kind of a gut-punch for some people but I wanted there to be a little more narrative this year. The story isn't over, and I have some fun ideas planned for Block 2 that I think you guys will really like. Keep mixing and stay tuned. :)

I was initially pretty ticked off, but now that I have accepted it I am excited to find out what else is planned :) Hopefully one block will revolve around a narrative where Dr. Wily, in his nefarious ways, has broken away from his new parent company in an attempt at world domination. And then we will remix Wily Castles again :razz:

Duck Tales,

?

I second Sir_NutS on the Darkwing Duck. I really liked that show as a kid, back when I actually had Toon Disney. If it so happens that you're going to take suggestions for round 3 too, I'm actually going to suggest it for round 3 rather than round 2, simply because I'd be participating in round 3.

Edited by timaeus222

There are already so many great remixes out there of The Moon--4 of the 5 DuckTales remixes on OCR use it, and you can't research DuckTales music on YouTube without tripping on 2 or 3 more. I'd personally rather see a different entry from DuckTales, like

or

I second Rescue Rangers as well; the one I can never get out of my head is

but some other good ones are
, and the final and awesome, Wily-esque
--if sounding like Mega Man music is a decision criterion, you can't do better than that one.

I never played Darkwing Duck--I was in high school by then--but I'm listening to the soundtrack now, and yeah, it's pretty good. I'm going in round 3, and if I get something from there I'll be OK with it. The

resonates with me. Edited by MindWanderer