Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2013

DarkeSword

True dat KT. The frequency struggle is a heartless biatch.

Come to think of it the other thing I noticed distrinctly lacking in people's mixes were vocals. I want to hear those pipes peeps!

Don't you dare make us do a rap battle for the final round. All that Strader can do is growl apparently, so if I can't understand what he says how do I even have a chance in a face-off against him?

Challenge accepted. If a rap battle is what you want, I'll give you one you'll never forget.

School is demolishing my brain this week, but I've got a very funky 1:30 written so far with half of Cold Man and Moliarty's themes incorporated. If you're a fan of Joshua Morse, I think you'll like what I've got ;o Now to find some time to finish it...

I have 15 seconds of crap, but after work tomorrow I'm free allllll weekend, so I think I should be able to knockout something good. If I can execute my plan well enough, I think it will be quite enjoyable :)

I have 15 seconds of crap, but after work tomorrow I'm free allllll weekend, so I think I should be able to knockout something good. If I can execute my plan well enough, I think it will be quite enjoyable :)

I got about a minute of skeleton with elements of both themes, and then had to put my WCRG track on hold for other stuff. But I finally got a track for a game all finished up and now it's WCRG all the waaayyyyyy

Hmmm, that elec man tune is popular. I wonder what makes it so special?

Counter-melody of "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" by John Lennon

MacArthur Park by Richard Harris

The Beatles' "I Need You" by George Harrison

"In My Arms" by Plumb

"She Don't Know Me" by Bon Jovi

"Only Lonely" by Bon Jovi

"All the Right Friends" by R.E.M.

"The Best" by Tina Turner

P.S. Are we allowed to include short cameos (like a couple of seconds) of other sources?

I've done it a couple times in these competitions, including this round. :P I try not to use outside material unless there's such a strong similarity that the reference can be construed as an arrangement of one of the assigned sources. Basically, I manipulate a competition source into sounding like another source.

And that is the story of how I beat PrototypeRaptor in the GRMRB. :<

I'm just going to go ahead and throw it out there, because I'm sure a lot of us have been thinking it. Are we going to get the Moon Stage from NES DuckTales?

I know for a fact we're not going to get an answer but I really hope the moon isn't picked. DuckTales is one of my favorite games and I love the soundtrack to death but I'm so sick of hearing the Moon theme.

I know for a fact we're not going to get an answer but I really hope the moon isn't picked. DuckTales is one of my favorite games and I love the soundtrack to death but I'm so sick of hearing the Moon theme.
If the Disney thing continues into block 2, I'm sure we'll get something from DuckTales, but hopefully it will be one of the other great tracks from that game--which is pretty much all of them.

Then again, I feel pretty much the same way about Mega Man 2 - Wily 1, and Darke picked it last time. To be fair, it did still result in some great mixes (Rexy's and Nutritious's mixes are on my main playlist to this day).

Yeah, the whole soundtrack is awesome. African Mines in particular is a pretty sweet one.

You also hate the smiles on children's faces and puppies, don't you? :P

I always wanted a puppy when I was a kid. Mind you; we were starving at the time, anything with meat on it would have done...

I can't say I've had a great deal of success this round, though I will have something to submit even if the use of the round source is minimal to say the least!

Edited by Trism