Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2013

DarkeSword

I want to give Zerothemaster a special shout-out, though. You have improved so amazingly much over the last year you've spent at this, and your persistence is really starting to pay off. If I'd heard Tandocca Scale even 6 months ago I wouldn't have believed you'd written it (though it does still have some signature Ztm quirks). Keep improving at this pace and you'll be one of the best around in another year!

Awww thanks MW. I remember how much you hated my mixes back during the last couple compos :P I'm glad I'm getting better, though I'm still not that good :P I'm curious what those "signature quirks" are.

Also that first lead was meant to be that superverby and stuff. I liked it like that lol

I'm curious what those "signature quirks" are.
For instance, sticking to one instrument for extended periods of time, even when an interplay between two or more instruments would be more natural (e.g. 0:46-0:47 of Tandocca Scale). You're not the only one who does this, but not many people do. Also the ending segment at 1:44 has what sounds to me like an arpeggiated lead with a delay that's out of sync with the beat, something else that I recall hearing in several of your mixes. Neither of these are necessarily bad things, but they're tricky to make sound good. On the whole you've gotten a lot better at separating your sounds, replicating melodies authentically, putting together good soundscapes, and getting a good rhythm going.

I feel like I'm struggling a bit with mine, but I think tonight may be the night when everything sorta clicks together and I don't feel like I'm floundering.

It'll still be awesome, though!

I was too for a while, but I started thinking of my track in terms of the WCRG narrative and it's actually helped me a lot. In my mind, Enker has tracked down Tengu Man and confronts him in the desert where a huge battle between them takes place. Now I'm having much more fun with it :D

So anyway, tracks, how they comin'? I know at least Gario got an early start, which normally doesn't happen. I'm intrigued.

I don't think I'm gonna sub anything this round. just not feeling it.

And everyone needs to stop being a big meanie to pauvre pauvre Briggs cuz his track did / didn't / seemed like / was insinuated that it may or may not contain what some people might perceive or justify as clipping?

Why can't people talk about how awful my track was with the out of sync wobble thingy :(

Sincerely,

~A depressed masochist