Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2013

DarkeSword

Man it's too bad you won't be announcing it before 7am on Sunday (the next round themes I mean). Since I have to go next. And I'll be at the river terminal all day until 11pm. Would have liked to at least, familiarize myself with the new themes. If you wouldn't mind secretly sending a mate the themes for next round, I'd appreciate it, and I wouldn't tell anyone you did it and it could be our little secret, and you can deny that you would ever do such a thing publicly (or say :whatevaa:) to throw people off the trail. I probably won't be able to start on it on Sunday anyway but being able to listen to the bonus sources would be good.

I'm not going to do that, and if you ask for something like that again, even jokingly, you'll be disqualified from the competition.

Balls, might have to abandon my current mix idea. I started it off with a bang, and I wanted to make it work so I clung to what I had, but it has gone absolutely nowhere. Time to scrap and cram?

Pull a Gario man and make an awesome mix overnight :)

On another note, My teammate Gar is making a very nice track that I'm sure alot of you will really enjoy.

Here's to another round of good muzik!

Edit:

Here are my votes this round for top 3 (Title naming that is...)

1) Tandocca Scale (Nice Dr. Who ref that encompasses bees and space)

2) Imhotep Step (Ophiuchus the Serpent Bearer)

3) Top To Bottom (Nice and simple innuendo)

Edit 2:

Glad noone thought it would be funny to submit a 3 minute long track of silence as a joke :) That would have been a good one for the people who didnt want to mix an outer space theme.

Edit 3:

If you are interested in some history. Here's a site that talks about Bun Bun a little. http://classicalgaming.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/composers-bun-bun-yasuaki-fujita/

Edited by shadow24

it's not exactly fair if you get to find out the sources before everyone else, regardless of whatever reason you may have. the way it is now, everyone has a chance to find out starting at the same exact time; just because you're busy doesn't change things at all.

that being said, i look forward to seeing what everyone came up with this week. the sources available have a lot of potential, so i hope y'all used that potential and have continued the trend of phenomenal tracks that has been pervading this compo. :3

I'm pretty sure Brandon was kidding but what can you do. Loosing a day isn't much of a biggie bro. Some people here don't even start their remix until the end of the week lol.

Yeah I mean I asked in a really stupid way but I was not requesting any kind of unfair advantage over anyone, I knew what my circumstances were and didn't think it would be a big deal. I was taking the compo too seriously but someone else takes it even more too seriously :tomatoface: I apologize for my mistake and it won't happen again.

I almost get disqualified for asking for some fairness in the competition. No biggie I guess. I'm just going to keep focusing on the EP and the compo will remain an afterthought. Heading to the river terminal, I'll catch up with everyone else on Monday evening if I'm lucky.

You weren't asking for fairness. You were asking for preferential treatment.

What if I tell you the sources early, and then it turns out that everything that was preventing you from mixing on Sunday was cancelled? Or, what if (and this is far less likely) you're just lying about not being around? You get the extra day while everyone waits? That's not fairness.

Everyone gets a week to work on their remix, give or take an hour or two. A whole week. That's already enough time for nearly everyone competing to work with, as proven by the fact that we have only had one single drop this entire competition.

I also just want to point out that it should be very clear at this point that I don't appreciate people making jokes about my integrity (i.e. "you can tell me but pretend you didn't it'll be our secret hahaha"). There are a precious few close friends who can joke around with me like that.

Yeah I mean I asked in a really stupid way but I was not requesting any kind of unfair advantage over anyone, I knew what my circumstances were and didn't think it would be a big deal. I was taking the compo too seriously but someone else takes it even more too seriously :tomatoface: I apologize for my mistake and it won't happen again
It's cool. I'm not mad. I just wanted to be very clear and very emphatic that that kind of stuff is absolutely not allowed.

Also, just to add something. I was talking to Prophecy the other day and I mentioned something to him that I should probably mention here: everyone has been really good about making a serious effort to play by the rules this year. I've been getting lots of questions about what is allowed and what isn't allowed in terms of collaborations and other stuff, and it's really nice that everyone is trying to play fair and be a good sportsman. I've had some isolated incidents in past years where people would conduct themselves in a very unsportsmanlike way, and I'm both happy and relieved that I don't really have to deal with any of that crap this time around. Every team is making a serious effort to deliver an entry every week (three straight weeks of full submissions so far!) and there's so much great music coming out of this competition. People are being really supportive of newer remixers too.

This year's WCRG is going really well.

Edited by DarkeSword

Welp, my mix is ending up super weird. I was going to still try to go outside my comfort zone a little bit, but then when I got to the main lead writing it ended up going all chippy. It's still quite different, and... actually not half bad, considering the how late I got started. I'll also post the main chunk of the track I gave up on later, if anyone's interested

EDIT: Shit I just realized I ended up reverting to the Gameboy version of Enker's theme, because I played Mega Man I like crazy when I was a kid and the main melody morphed back into that version. Oops :P

You weren't asking for fairness. You were asking for preferential treatment.

What if I tell you the sources early, and then it turns out that everything that was preventing you from mixing on Sunday was cancelled? Or, what if (and this is far less likely) you're just lying about not being around? You get the extra day while everyone waits? That's not fairness.

This comes down to trust. I have no reason to cheat or be dishonest as I'm not 'in it to win it', which is pretty clear by my lack of "She's a Squirter-esque" technomanga thus far. ;-) And the fact that we seem to be a vocal-based remix team.

If something happened that prevented me from going to work today, and working this double, I'd probably have more serious problems that would prevent me from being able to participate anyway.

Hopefully I've heard the bonus source before so I'll have an idea of what it is when you announce it. And maybe I could drive to the nearby concrete plant that has open Wi-Fi and stream off youtube. It's... one way of doing it.

There are a precious few close friends who can joke around with me like that.

Open up your heart to my friendly closeness :-)

edit: 851575_392309994199646_291720828_n.png

Edited by Brandon Strader

50 minutes to go.

These are the files I have so far.

Capitals of Science - Trism - A little Bass to get you through the Knight (Knight Man vs Bass & Treble) 2.wav

Concrete Men 2.0 - Ghetto Lee Lewis - Farewell to Loneliness (Quick Man vs. Ballade).wav

Energy Tank - Zach72 - Heart of Enka(Drill Man vs. Enker).wav

Flying Dog Platform - Sir_NutS feat. Jivemaster - Conflicted (Splash Woman vs. Bass & Treble).wav

Hard Men 2.0 - ectogemia - Stone Cold Metal (Cold Man vs. Enker).wav

Robot Master Royalty - ladyWildfire - Tempestuous (Tornado Man vs. Ballade).wav

Rush Riders - Cosmic Sounds feat. timaeus222 - Crystal Lake (Crystal Man vs. Bass & Treble).wav

The Gobots - DrumJ8 - Detrusian Bliss (Needle Man vs. Enker).wav