Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2013

DarkeSword

WE'LL SEE HOW YOUR SONG SOUNDS, my man!

Chordally and melodically, it progresses very well, and I'm happy with it on that front because I'd been in a "oh let's just reuse this progression!" rut for a while. It's too close from when I finished to judge the rest of it objectively, but for now I'll say transitions were rough, instrumentation could've been expanded more, and there was more than one instance of copy/paste given time constraints. Some of the sections don't feel all that great together, but they COULD'VE worked; it wasn't a problem with the writing, just with the time I had for polishing (which was none). Interp was fun though and the soundscape is unique, if nothing else. Not bad for a 12 hour span of time though, which includes work and stuff

I'm not really sure why I posted all that now that I think about it... bedtime

Edited by Phonetic Hero

I have the following files.

Army of Metools - SilvernixSP - Heat is My Forte (Heat Man vs. Bass & Treble).wav

Capitals of Science - Trism - A little Bass to get you through the Knight (Knight Man vs Bass & Treble) 2.wav

Concrete Men 2.0 - Ghetto Lee Lewis - Farewell to Loneliness (Quick Man vs. Ballade).wav

Energy Tank - Zach72 - Heart of Enka(Drill Man vs. Enker).wav

Flying Dog Platform - Sir_NutS feat. Jivemaster - Conflicted (Splash Woman vs. Bass & Treble).wav

Hard Men 2.0 - ectogemia - Stone Cold Metal (Cold Man vs. Enker).wav

Robot Master Royalty - ladyWildfire - Tempestuous (Tornado Man vs. Ballade).wav

Rush Riders - Cosmic Sounds feat. timaeus222 - Crystal Lake (Crystal Man vs. Bass & Treble).wav

The Average Joes - Garpocalypse - The Underwater Adventures of Shadedog (Shade Man vs. Ballade).wav

The Gobots - DrumJ8 - Detrusian Bliss (Needle Man vs. Enker).wav

The Handsome Devils - Phonetic Hero - Does Anybody Really Even (Tengu Man vs. Enker).wav

The Robutt Masters - therex feat. Tuberz McGee and Kuolema - Killer Beets (Ground Man and Enker).wav

oh you gotta be kidding me with these Zero themes. This would have been the perfect week for me...

No kidding... I'd love to use X2 or X3. Good luck Esperado!

PS: Voting was very difficult this week.

PSS: I'm looking forward to some awesome drillman zach :)

Edited by shadow24

Since almost no one voted for my track the other week, I thought I'd pull a 180. Hope you like MMX-inspired synth metal.

If memory serves correctly (my memory's gotten pretty bad) I believe you were my #1 pick, just sayin :D

Also, are the track names using "vs" from now on instead of "and" ?

Deep in his secret lab, he activates the prototype of what will undoubtedly be his greatest creation.

Innnnteresting twist, considering that we're working in the realm of the original Mega Man series' timeline... according to lore, Zero was created by Dr. Wily during that time but not activated until the Mega Man X series, at which point he was actually a protaganist. Awesome!

Innnnteresting twist, considering that we're working in the realm of the original Mega Man series' timeline... according to lore, Zero was created by Dr. Wily during that time but not activated until the Mega Man X series, at which point he was actually a protaganist. Awesome!

Am I gonna be a mega-hunter? Will the zero virus affect robot masters? Noone shatter his head crystal ya here me. It's bad juju.

Ok, in order to take out Wily we need to approach this differently. Jason can infiltrate the ventilation system at Castle Wily and work on his allergies. Nathan and Jesse can work on the heating and cooling systems to change the temperature rapidly. It's a low blow but if we can induce a heartattack from Wily then we win.

... Activating zero... Talk about escalation man. He has no idea what we are truly capable of.

PS: Spark man trys.... I gotz no handz