Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2013

DarkeSword

Siiiiiighhhh........ I just submitted my track. This has been one ridiculously crazy and crappy week :( Work was ridiculous, I got sick mid-week and then to top it all off I woke up Saturday morning to find my car broken into. The window was smashed in and someone tried (unsuccessfully) to jack my in-dash radio/gps unit. Nothing was actually stolen, but all my dashboard shit is messed up.

So yeah, considering I spent about 6 hours on this mix Friday and another 2 today, I'm surprised this even got done. Big, HUGE thanks to Gario who helped me out immensely with this track by writing some awesome lead parts and giving some feedback. The track is still pretty rough and I didn't get to do nearly as much as I wanted to, but it wouldn't have turned out anything like it is without his help. So thanks!! :)

I just finished Liquid Metal 2: Even Wetter featuring Rexy and Jivemaster. Shout out to my man Sir_NutS.

Here's the lyrics, featuring many threats of violence against fish, threats to cook them, etc.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13741915/wips/tidbits/Liquid%20Metal%202%20Lyrics.txt

Source

0:00 - 0:06 - Proto Man Whistles

0:06 - 0:12 - Commando Man

0:12 - 0:19 - Proto Man

0:26 - 1:02 - Commando Man

1:05 - 1:56 - Proto Man

1:56 - 2:23 - Wily Stage 2-1

2:41 - 3:08 - Splash Woman (on the synth thingy)

3:08 - 3:22 - Proto Man

3:22 - 4:01 - Wily Stage 2-1

4:01 - 4:27 - Proto Man

4:27 - 4:55 - Wily Stage 2-1

Listen for synth or 80s ensemble string lead (also sounds like a synth) for a lot of source usage.

Turns out the lyrics were for real.

Song is awesome.

I'm busting up over here, I just noticed an oddity with the naming from round 4... most of the tracks are "[Robot Master] vs. [star Droid]". Except Hylian Lemon's... his is "Wave Man and Saturn"

"Wave Man and Saturn"

Let that sink in, and then listen to the track. In my mind, I have this mental image of Wave Man and Saturn having this forbidden love that they were finally able to express at long last. It fits the narrative of the piece absolutely perfectly, and it's probably the funniest thing in the history of ever

It needs Jivemaster lyrics :D

Edited by Phonetic Hero

Wow, sounds like everyone really petered out here at the end.

Even me? :(

I felt super energetic whilst making my mix.

I got out not just my music theory brain, but my JAZZ theory brain.

Jazz theory is fracking hard.

Y'all better enjoy the difference between major 7ths and minor 7ths. Haha

And don't even get me started on Diminished 7ths...

or Dominant 7ths

Or partially diminished 7ths

Or 9ths

I'll stop now

Even me? :(

I was talking more about the fact that we were missing like 6 tracks this week

I felt super energetic whilst making my mix.

I got out not just my music theory brain, but my JAZZ theory brain.

Jazz theory is fracking hard.

Y'all better enjoy the difference between major 7ths and minor 7ths. Haha

And don't even get me started on Diminished 7ths...

or Dominant 7ths

Or partially diminished 7ths

Or 9ths

I'll stop now

I love all of the seventh chords. ALL of them. Even triple diminished half salchow augmented erection seventh chords

I was talking more about the fact that we were missing like 6 tracks this week

I love all of the seventh chords. ALL of them. Even triple diminished half salchow augmented erection seventh chords

...what?

Until you guys start talking about flatted 11ths and 13ths meh.

Clearly the petering comment was made before Shadedog part 3: Die Free or Shade Dog was posted.

As there was no petering in my track. :) Or Bstrade's. Or Tuber'z. Or Superior's. Or Ivan's. Or Jakes's. Or Sterling's Or Mindwanderer's. Or... was that it? short round.

I'm busting up over here, I just noticed an oddity with the naming from round 4... most of the tracks are "[Robot Master] vs. [star Droid]". Except Hylian Lemon's... his is "Wave Man and Saturn"

"Wave Man and Saturn"

Let that sink in, and then listen to the track. In my mind, I have this mental image of Wave Man and Saturn having this forbidden love that they were finally able to express at long last. It fits the narrative of the piece absolutely perfectly, and it's probably the funniest thing in the history of ever

It needs Jivemaster lyrics :D

Another missed chance of roborotica. :(

I listened to Liquid Metal 2 in the car on the way home and noticed that the mixing is completely off... apologies. I hadn't gotten a chance to check it on a bigger sound system before turning it in. I'll see what I can do to fix it for the OCR sub, sadly the youtube version and others that are uploaded will probably stay as-is. :cry:

Should be good, haven't tested it on big system though. :tomatoface:http://www.bstrader.net/remixes/lm2evenwetter.mp3

Edited by Brandon Strader

Just a little information on the title I went with.

Komo Sanctu Et Shadedog Morientia

It's Panzerese. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_Dragoon_(series)

Any actual meaning is purely coincidental. :)

Thank you, I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what language "Komo" could possibly come from. I gathered it meant roughly "Regarding that which is sacred, and the dying Shadedog," based on the Latin, which seemed appropriate for a final entry.