Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2013

DarkeSword

Hey Darke, you doing okay? It's been a couple weeks and we still haven't seen the final results.

Everything is updated now. Final scores are tallied and the scoreboard is updated. Check the first post for this year's winner.

Thanks everyone for a great competition. I'll be taking a break from running compos for a little bit. Look forward to my next competition sometime early next year. It will probably be a remix battle tournament, as opposed to another gauntlet, most likely Mega Man, but possibly something else. I haven't decided yet.

In the mean time, please check out the Apex 2014 album project thread in the Recruit & Collaborate forum. I still need to fill out the roster as soon as possible, and there are many talented remixers here who would be a good fit for the high energy music I'm looking for.

As for what's next for the WCRG, there's still the archive release which is in the works. I'm working with an artist who's planning on drawing some nice art for the competition, but if anyone else is interested in contributing artwork (maybe depicting some of the events of the storyline detailed in the first post), please contact me.

Where are the other award categories like the award for the idiot that appeared in the most tracks or the moron that created the longest song?

This competition is where I met Strader for the first time. Do I have any regrets? Yes. Nah just kiddin', you're the best bro <3 Watch out for us in the near future where we butt dominate Dwelling of Duels.

Nice work Hakstock for getting those votes and putting The Gobots on the board :P

Round One was particularly memorable for me because since the moment I saw The Moon revealed, I kind of freaked out--it felt impossible to combine Needle Man with The Moon. But eventually I somehow came up with some semblance of an arrangement, and Hakstock and Obtuse helped out with useful feedback. Thanks guys and nice wark everyone :D

I had a lot of fun working on my tracks for this one, this was a very productive competition for me since I got 3 tracks that I'm very satisfied with. Also grats to the winners, I felt at times that Brandon and Joel got too few votes compared to the awesome quality of their songs, but eh what can you do, I'm proud of all the songs from our team.

Also I'd like to say that I got some pleasant surprises from the newer mixers in this one, some showed a marked improvement from the stuff I've heard previously, making really solid entries (jakensnake and kuloema come to mind) so keep it up.

Also I'd like to say that I got some pleasant surprises from the newer mixers in this one, some showed a marked improvement from the stuff I've heard previously, making really solid entries (jakensnake and kuloema come to mind) so keep it up.

Dude. Kuolema really showed his fighting spirit in this compo. Totally nailed his tracks. <3

I'd like to give a shout-out to MindWanderer and Cash. They made this an extremely enjoyable experience and I think I learnt quite a lot. Big up the Capitals of Science!

Thank you sir! Given our experience level, I think we did alright for ourselves!

Just got back from a business trip in NM. Just wanted to give a big shout out to my teammates and say you are awesome. Also wanted to thank Darke for hosting these competitions every so often and for the support, help, and banter from all the other people involved in this competition. You know who you are. Twas fun :)

• 4 weeks later...

I forget if I even said this yet, but with all of Cosmic Sounds' entries, I was carrying out his arrangements and doing the production as well because he had some sort of troubles (that he didn't even tell me about, so I dunno what they were) and didn't have access to his computer or somethin'. :tomatoface:

So the orchestral entries gave me a good amount of orchestral experience. Yay. :D