Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2013

DarkeSword

I'm still miffed at myself for not turning in something more substantial for Round 3, but I gotta admit, once it was subbed I've been looking forward to seeing what you guys had to say in some reviews. It was a pretty slow week for them, but thanks a lot therex, rnn, and KingTiger. Although, rnn, I'm not entirely sure what you meant by "You're a trooper." It sounds like a good thing, though. Right? I can go with that.

Fuck.

Yes.

You guys are dead. This week's source reveal is the biznizz

codswallop, i was dead regardless of the source reveal so there.

i sure showed him

also, I appreciate the reviews @ therex, rnn, KT. I kind of feel like an MMA fighter whose opponent beat me due to superiorx stereo widening skills, and I need to practice stereo stereo stereo (in addition to, you know, all other aspects of production, and arrangement, and life) i'm trying

codswallop, i was dead regardless of the source reveal so there.

i sure showed him

also, I appreciate the reviews @ therex, rnn, KT. I kind of feel like an MMA fighter whose opponent beat me due to superiorx stereo widening skills, and I need to practice stereo stereo stereo (in addition to, you know, all other aspects of production, and arrangement, and life) i'm trying

Fellow MMA fan?

I'll teach you all about stereoization if you'll be my MMA buddy. Please do this one thing for me. I'm so obsessed with the sport, but none of my friends have ever been that in to it. I NEED AN OUTLET :o :O :o

Fellow MMA fan?

I'll teach you all about stereoization if you'll be my MMA buddy. Please do this one thing for me. I'm so obsessed with the sport, but none of my friends have ever been that in to it. I NEED AN OUTLET :o :O :o

I got SUPER into it at one point but it has significantly waned :/ When I remember to, I like to check some fighters' fight records to see how they're doing, or look for videos if I can find them. but at $50/pop I can't watch them live. At the peak of my enthusiasm I liked Lyoto Machida. but ya I'll talk MMA in exchange for music help haha :D

shadow24 - Celestial Shimmer: Hm, some cool synths and patch choices in here. But, the whole thing feels a bit unfocused, and that harpsichord thing actually seems kind of all over the place and distracting from the focus of the song. The track as whole could also be mixed better, mainly in terms of balancing the levels of the various instruments.

Thanks for the review. The harpsichord was added last probably due to my poor timbre and instrument selection at the start of mixing. I kept changing leads and finally went and found some free samples online. Will told me to try to stick with synths for the time being. For me, faking real instruments always detracts from what semblance of cohesion that already exists. So, until I learn to play something for real I'll stick with those. I was trying to go for a relaxed animal crossing-ish vibe but made it too high energy.

For round 4, I tried to learn some mastering stuff with adaptive limiters and other plugins. One reason for this was to up my perceived volume. Please let me know if this new mix is more cohesive than the last.

On another note, if anyone would like the harpsichord samples just let me know and I'll host them on dropbox for a while. They are in SF2 format.

I kind of feel like an MMA fighter whose opponent beat me due to superiorx stereo widening skills

I legit LOL'ed at this. I need to patent and trademark my superiorx stereo widening skills.

Really cool sources this week too! I love me some Mega Man Killas. I think Gario is going for our team this week though. My week is ridiculously busy between work and family commitments :( I'm excited to hear what everyone comes up with!

I legit LOL'ed at this. I need to patent and trademark my superiorx stereo widening skills.

Really cool sources this week too! I love me some Mega Man Killas. I think Gario is going for our team this week though. My week is ridiculously busy between work and family commitments :( I'm excited to hear what everyone comes up with!

Metaphist really did a great job on that song, and the rest of the album as well.

:!: Also, I wanna give a shoutout to Xarnax42 for getting his first mix posted as part of Balance and Ruin! :!:

Music is now officially up with fixed tags.

There are a lot of situations where I'll have a preliminary zip file up and then I find errors and overlooked issues in the tags. That's why I don't always immediately publish the link to the music.

Now I have to put hashes in the file names to prevent people from trying to get the music before it's officially released. Thanks for that.