Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2013

DarkeSword

40 people with picks listed now, though many are not in stated teams. Assuming everyone finds a team, this is already bigger than last time. Five more people and half the Robot Masters that exist will end up being represented. Hopefully five picks per person will be enough!

I sure don't expect to earn any votes, with so many kickass remixers on the roster, but I think I'll be too busy listening to awesome music to care.

Yeah with this many potential songs each week, it might be good to implement something where we vote on our Top 5 songs instead of just Top 3. It would help with point distribution. And speaking of Robot Masters, it might be advantageous of us to try to resolve top conflicts before the draft so Darke doesn't have some nightmare 4 or 5 way ties or something :dstrbd: I think I may end up changing my top pick here soon for that reason.

Yeah with this many potential songs each week, it might be good to implement something where we vote on our Top 5 songs instead of just Top 3. It would help with point distribution. And speaking of Robot Masters, it might be advantageous of us to try to resolve top conflicts before the draft so Darke doesn't have some nightmare 4 or 5 way ties or something :dstrbd: I think I may end up changing my top pick here soon for that reason.

Agree with all your points.

Yessir, indeed.

And speaking of Robot Masters, it might be advantageous of us to try to resolve top conflicts before the draft so Darke doesn't have some nightmare 4 or 5 way ties or something :dstrbd: I think I may end up changing my top pick here soon for that reason.

This. My first pick is always a robot master that hasn't been listed as someone else's first pick yet. I recommend that everyone use the search thread function to see if they're conflicting with anyone else's list. If someone listed it before you did, consider switching things up.

That means you, Slash Men 2 and 3. ;-)

Edited by Hylian Lemon

Is there any easy way to do this? I don't know what choices the other several people have made :-( Heck, I barely even remember my own. I know what my #1 was.

Just use the "search this thread" feature and the search for your #1 robot master. It should return all posts in this thread with that robot master in them. Then you can see who else picked them and if it was their #1 or not.

I reordered mine so there's less competition for Tornado Man. I'd really like to get my top choice, cause Splash Woman seems like a good fit for one of the few female remixers in this compo. :)

Yep, I reordered and swapped some of mine too for less competition in general (took off Shade Man and Gravity Man). I'd like my first pick as well, and fortunately, only one other person has Tengu Man (Saturn) on their list, and it's their number 2. UNfortunately, his number 1 is Dive Man, who seems to be on quite a few people's lists :P

But hell, considering the direction some of my more recent tracks have taken, I might just be a greater threat with Flame Man anyway ;) Regardless of which of my picks I get, I'm ready to do some damage when this compo gets going

Yep, I reordered and swapped some of mine too for less competition in general (took off Shade Man and Gravity Man). I'd like my first pick as well, and fortunately, only one other person has Tengu Man (Saturn) on their list, and it's their number 2. UNfortunately, his number 1 is Dive Man, who seems to be on quite a few people's lists :P

But hell, considering the direction some of my more recent tracks have taken, I might just be a greater threat with Flame Man anyway ;) Regardless of which of my picks I get, I'm ready to do some damage when this compo gets going

I'm definitely going to change my picks (still keeping Dive Man as first) to fix that. But doesn't DarkeSword just assign everyone's picks at the same time, so that if no one else has your first pick as their first pick you automatically get it? Or does it work differently?

I'm definitely going to change my picks (still keeping Dive Man as first) to fix that. But doesn't DarkeSword just assign everyone's picks at the same time, so that if no one else has your first pick as their first pick you automatically get it? Or does it work differently?

The way I understand it, if there happens to be ANY conflict between picks, there's a coin toss to see who gets it. Because it's not fair for someone to get pushed all the way down to their last pick just because everyone else has the others on their list in a higher priority

From the GMRB 2012 thread:

Here's a quick overview of how the draft works. When the draft starts, everyone's first choice is their top choice. I go down the list and look for top choices that have conflicts. When top choices conflict, I roll a die to see who gets their top choice (dice are useful when more than two people have the same choice).

Once all of the top choice conflicts are resolved, the people who lost their die rolls get their first choices greyed out, and their second choice becomes their new top choice. I make a second pass through the list, finding conflicts. Note that at this point, it's possible that a choice that didn't have conflicts in the first pass could have conflicts in the second pass, and a choice that won a conflict in the first pass could also have a new conflict in the second pass. Conflicts are again resolved with dice rolls. Losing choices are greyed out, and the process repeats until there are no more conflicts.

Sometimes people will get bumped down to their third or fourth choice; sometimes two people who both picked the same song as their first choice will both lose out to someone who picked it as their third choice; it all depends on the dice, but the draft does ensure that entrants are given a fair shake at getting a choice that's high on their preference list.