OCR02679 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) "Arichnophobia"

djpretzel

Best boss battle ReMix on the album in my opinion. Then again, I might be biased because I liked the Arich battle theme more than the others to begin with. I always wondered why Arich had his own boss theme but K. Rool had the regular theme in the DKC3 GBA game. Also, I would have loved to have seen a bonus fight between Arich and Squitter like in the album picture. Anyway, the driving force of this song really gets you pumped and you can just hear the battle rage on. I like how the melody would carry on in a smaller tone during the breakdown periods. Cheers to Paul Capps for adding in the guitar work.

• 2 weeks later...

I realized after everything was released that everything else on the album that I mastered sounded great, but my own stuff was a bit hollow. I think that comes from the fact that I mixed and then mastered everything on the same speakers, and wasn't as ready to get my own stuff to that level at the time. I've matured a lot as an engineer since then, but I'm still very fond of this remix. Turn it up loud enough and the frequency holes go away, I promise! ;-)

• 1 year later...

Despite what anyone says, this is a fantastic remix from an awesome boss battle made possible from a wide variety of electronic samples and live guitar! When I first heard it over a year ago, my first thought was how unique the sound is and how unpredictable (in the best way possible!) the mix turned out.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02679 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) "Arichnophobia"