Mario Mini Medley- Constructive criticism welcome.

SparkTunez

Well, simply put, the instruments are more or less generic MIDI-instrument-library-based. Basically, the sounds used are dry and plain, and very little mixing is required for this kind of song. 1:18-1:23 was pretty good sequencing though on that square lead.

Well, let me assure you, not a single instrument used in this song was from the MIDI library. Still, I'll take your word on the "dry and plain sounds". I do need to work on instrumentation a little. Any sounds and instruments that you have in mind? I'd appreciate it a lot. Also, what do you mean by "very little mixing is required for this kind of song"?

Does it mean I need to do a better job of mixing, or it isn't necessary at all?

Well, let me assure you, not a single instrument used in this song was from the MIDI library. Still, I'll take your word on the "dry and plain sounds". I do need to work on instrumentation a little. Any sounds and instruments that you have in mind? I'd appreciate it a lot. Also, what do you mean by "very little mixing is required for this kind of song"?

Does it mean I need to do a better job of mixing, or it isn't necessary at all?

I wasn't really saying that your instruments were actually from the MIDI library---they just had that type of quality. Because of the plainness of the instruments (for example, the default square lead), any song can be put together using these instruments without very much actual mixing at all since their frequency distribution is thin already. That's a sign that you need higher quality instruments if you want to do more serious compositions. ;)

It’s a nice and fun remix, all the tunes are fitting well together and i like the little variations on the themes.

The drums are pretty repetitive most of the time. It’s basically always the same beat, except for 1:23 – 1:31.

What’s up with that synth at 1:31? First it’s very loud but then suddenly it gets very quiet.

It’s a nice and fun remix, all the tunes are fitting well together and i like the little variations on the themes.

The drums are pretty repetitive most of the time. It’s basically always the same beat, except for 1:23 – 1:31.

What’s up with that synth at 1:31? First it’s very loud but then suddenly it gets very quiet.

Thanks for your criticism, man! And, about the synth @ 1:31, I was just trying to using a phaser on the piano instrument I had, to make it sound less bland. :)