PRC248 - Going to A Different Dimension (Chrono Cross)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 248

PRCv10-14

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last round was quite a good one. 30 minutes for the deadline there were only 2 songs, but at the end the number of songs was 5. Voting was difficult for most voters, all songs scored at least some points. Esperado claimed victory by collecting 18 points (only 3 points less as the maximum possible score).

I had another song planned but then realized it had an ocremix. so i decided to go with another classic. From Chrono Cross, I choose the track "leaving the body". It plays whenever you die in game, its largely overlooked sadly. Its a nice slow moody track that i feel has a few different directions you could take in remixing it. enjoy!

PRC248.jpg

Source: Chrono Cross (PS1) - Leaving the World

MIDI (Backup)

Wiki

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes). If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY July 8th 2013 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC251. See below for more information.
  7. The winner of last round can take part by submitting a Bonus Mix, but he/she can't win this round.
  8. You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

The winner of this rounds selects the source for PRC251, not PRC249. The source of PRC249 will be selected (again) by Esperado. The reason is that he was not able to send the source to me on time of PRC245 (after winning PRC244) and I'm leaving for a vacation on July 21st. To keep PRC running during my vacation, the schedule of the upcoming rounds will be modified as follows:

PRC248 (this round): Source: Chrono Cross - Leaving the Body

Remixing Stage: 27 June - 8 July

Voting Stage: 8 July - 10 July

Winner selects source for PRC251, must be send to me before July 17th (to avoid forgetting it)

PRC249: A Source selected by Esperado

Remixing Stage: 8 July - 18 July (no extention possible)

Voting Stage: 18 July - 20 July

Winner select source for PRC251, must be send to me before August 4th

PRC250: Special round

Remixing Stage: 20 July - 4 August

Voting Stage: 4 August - 6 August

Winner select source for PRC252, must be send to me before August 13th

PRC251: Double Source PRC

Normal schedule, winner picks source for PRC252

PRC252: Double source PRC with normal schedule, winner picks for PRC253 which is a regular PRC with 1 source (except for a tie).

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Edited by Bundeslang

Love the source song! Though, I think there already is an OCRemix of it (if that matters):

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00623/

It usually does matter.

I checked it myself, but because I'm not very familiar with the game music and because the source labeling differs between the different sites (OCR uses other source names as Vgmusic and Youtube for example), Esperado and I didn't find out, even though we both checked it (Esperado initially planned to pick a different song, but that source had an Ocremix).

This round continuous as planned, since there's only one Ocremix which was posted 10 years ago. I want to avoid it, but it is pretty hard to find out.

edit: Ah, scratch that - thank you for the extension! Curse my metallic body, I was too slow!

Awws, upload took a minute too long. :/

Here it is - actual title "Irtautuminen" - if Bundeslang is still granting an extension that'd be great, and I will not stretch it so close & past the deadline anymore, but if it's ok as a bonus track (I broke the deadline twice anyhow) that's fine too!

Guitar was sample from XPRTNovice's Umaro track from Balance & Ruin, with kind permission (thanks!)

--Eino

See above post. You have 43 minutes.:)

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has 3 songs. To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve. They get a free first place bonus if they vote, so it is attractive to vote. They should only fill in their top two, and leave the third box empty. Non participants are also encouraged to vote and leave comments.

Last round winner, Esperado, has a vote that counts twice.

You have until THIS Wednesday, July 10th 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote (which is exactly 2 days from now), check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC251. PRC249 has already started, check the Ocremix Thread and ThaSauce Thread.

The songs:

Check the ThaSauce Page to vote.

https://soundcloud.com/jesse-mitchell-3/groove-dimension-chrono-cross

theres the bonus mix. i wasnt sure if i should just upload it here or to thasauce. its definitely unfinished. i got more done but really screwed the pooch on the mixing at the last minute so i went back to my most pleasant sounding backup of it. hope you guys enjoy !

The Remix Period is closed, so you even can't upload it to ThaSauce. I'll get in there tomorrow (as Bonus Mix of course).