OCR02690 - Final Fantasy VI "Ascension of a Madman"

I enjoyed this track a lot. The variations of Kefka's theme really suited the character's nature, hitting the highs and lows of his personality. One of my most listened to tracks from the Kickstarter exclusive Disc 1 preview. Excellent work to all the performers involved.

This is pretty much Kefka in musical form. Switching tempo and general direction of the mix over and over throughout the arrangement while transitioning in a way that doesn't sound cluttered or sudden takes real talent, and you've certainly nailed it here. This is wonderful.

I already reviewed this on my site, but I wanted to post in the forum, too, how amazing I thought it was. On a scale of 1-5, I gave it a 6. It's mind-bogglingly good.

I can't really think of any other words at the moment, so I'll just post what I said on my review:

There are some tracks up to this point that I’ve really enjoyed. Some that I’ve thought were really, really good.

This track… Was F&^#ING. AWESOME.

Brilliant. Captures Kefka’s madness perfectly. At a minute-thirty in, it really starts rockin’ and rollin’, and it doesn’t stop until the end. Amazing. Don’t read what I have to say about it any more – just go listen to it. It’s that good. Worth the download just for this track (although others are great, too).

This is one of my top... six I think over the whole project? Kefka's theme, with what sounds like influence from the Elfman, big top carnival, and even a bit of wonder. Even catching some of the undertones that the composer from FF Tactics, Hitoshi Sakimoto, likes to use... possibly coincidental, possibly influential, neither would surprise me.

If I ever do a Grand Masquerade Ball set with a Ventian Carnival, I'll be upset that I probably can't set it to this due to SE copyrights. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was listening to this song on repeat while at work last night because I couldn't get enough of it. This song is simply beautiful, crazy, and energetic. If definitely feels like it could be played within a movie version of this game. (Hopefully it would be animated if one should exist.) Within a contest between Kefka and The Joker, Kefka would pretty much annihilate him in every department, literally and figuratively. This song pretty much cements that notion. Awesome work Steffan Andrews!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02690 - Final Fantasy VI "Ascension of a Madman"