OCR02691 - Final Fantasy VI "Gobble, Snarf, Snap"

Seriously, when I heard the klezmer-esque clarinet I just had to laugh. All of the tracks on the first disc are great but this one really made me smile when I heard it as part of the kickstarter preview. Great mix! Now let's get some real klezmer on OCR!

I remember this track from the voting competition from a few months back (or however long ago it was). I have to say, after hearing this track and his Mt. Koltz arrangement on the first disc of the FFVI album, if XPRTNovice wasn't on my radar before, he definitely has my attention now. Awesome job all around.

Klezmer on the phantom train? Haha, yeah! This is freaking infectious and you just can't help but move around with this one. Great clarinet and amazing production combined, oh man it's just too much fun going on here. Sweet.

I remember this track from the voting competition from a few months back (or however long ago it was). I have to say, after hearing this track and his Mt. Koltz arrangement on the first disc of the FFVI album, if XPRTNovice wasn't on my radar before, he definitely has my attention now. Awesome job all around.

This...everything I've seen his name on with this project I've loved the track. He's on my radar....

Holy... You are AWESOME!!! I LOVE you...!! I love this genre so much!! I was about to run to the comments to write that it reminded me so much of Caravan Palace, a group I absolutely ADORE but then I saw that it WAS indeed an inspiration!! :)

One of the best remix I've heard in quite some time, months at the very least, maybe even years!

I will follow your career with great interest Mr.XPRT :P

Honestly had no idea what I was in for until 0:34. Love how the subdued intro accelerates into some ol' timey modern swing. If there's one thing OCR needs more of, it's swing jazz. The "old speaker"-filtered dialogue added nicely to the old-school atmosphere. And that ending is perfect. Too many songs try to wind down at the end, instead of finishing in such a triumphant climax of a note. Wasn't even a song I was particularly looking forward to, and turned out to be one of my favorites. Good job, dude!

Also, can someone add "swing" to the tags? XPERT's inspiration, Caravan Palace, is electro-swing and while I'm not qualified to speak on klezmer this is definitely swing style.

Edited by Moguta

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02691 - Final Fantasy VI "Gobble, Snarf, Snap"