OCR02700 - Final Fantasy VI "Terra's Resolve"

One of the best arrangements of Terra's Theme I've ever heard. Style-wise, it sounds like it would have fit right in at a Symphonic Fantasies/Odysseys concert. I'm at a loss for words on how best to shower this piece with praise. Fantastic job!

Best way to end the epic long awaited FFVI album flood? A gigantic orchestra with Chad Seiter at the helm doing Terra, of course! Grand like the best cinematic soundtrack scores I've heard and makes this beloved theme a musical journey. This is one powerful ReMix.

As the intro began to this one, I had to recheck the playlist and make sure it wasn't set to random, because I had sworn it jumped to the Star Wars soundtrack. The intro sounds very close to a swelling of french horns in the Obi Wan Kenobi Death/Tie Fighter track.

Then, of course, it leads into a complex and absolutely stunning variation on Terra's theme. I enjoyed the Distant Worlds performance I heard in Chicago back in 2010 or so, but this absolutely tops it. I love where the song goes around 1:20 to 2:00, and the softness around 2:30.

This mix crafts together Terra's power and emotional vulnerable so well. Terra's theme is the most thematically important song in FFVI, practically representing the entire emotional swing of the game. It could not have been more epically presented than this.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02700 - Final Fantasy VI "Terra's Resolve"