Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst coming to Steam!

DarkeSword

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst

On Steam October 25th 2013

Already available for PS3 and XBOX 360

HIGHLY recommended if you're a Naruto fan. If you ever hang out in #ocremix you know that I've talked at length about this game. UNS3 directly adapts the manga after the big Naruto vs. Nagato battle, starting with the Five Kage Summit. It's an extremely story/cutscene-heavy RPG with an arena-fighting system as the battle system. What really makes the UNS series amazing is the special cinematic boss battles. The regular fighting is inter-cut with amazingly animated quicktime sequences.

Also of note is that while the game directly adapts the manga (it doesn't adapt any of the anime's filler stuff and actually goes further than what the anime has done so far), it features the same voice cast (both English and Japanese). I actually would recommend playing the UNS games over watching the anime; the cel-shaded engine actually ends up delivering a much more consistent and well-animated experience over the wildly-swinging quality of the anime. CC2 also takes great care in adding a lot of effects that really give it a hand-drawn animated experience, despite the whole game being 3D.

I can honestly say that UNS3 is one of my favorite games this year. Some of the more emotional story sequences in this game left me absolutely wrecked, despite having already read the manga. It's incredibly well done. The entire chapter devoted to Naruto's birth is particularly amazing. I do want to stress again though; this game has a LOT of story and cutscene sequences. When playing the main campaign you will be sitting there watching a lot.

Edited by DarkeSword

Only watched the original series so I haven't seen anything from Shippuden yet though I have read up about it. Reason I say it might have a pc release is cause amazon italy had a page up for a Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3: Full Burst which was taken down, also was listed on steam registry a while back. Rumor is it might be a GOTY version of NUNS3 for PS3, 360 and pc. Of course it's just a rumor, and Namco ain't talking but with all those rumors flying around and the price drops after only 3 months of release, well... :-|

If you haven't watched any Shippuden, I recommend grabbing a cheap copy of UNS2 and playing that first. UNS2 kicks off the Shippuden storyline and is also an excellent game. Both UNS2 and UNS3 were marathon games for me; I believe I devoted entire weekends to both games.

Also I feel that it would be really weird for them to release a PC version of 3 without doing at least a PC version of 2 first, considering that 3 is the second part of the Shippuden storyline.

• 2 weeks later...

Good thing I got my nephew to get this instead of me. 8-)

Now I can wait for Full Burst to come out and I can play the PS3 version in the meantime. Got NUNS2 from ebay so I can get the full story. NUNS3 has got some pretty sweet music IMO. Also Darke don't lie, I've seen my nephew play it and this game has a BUNCH of story scenes, I'm talking Xenosaga like levels of cutscenes.

Well, the pacing for the anime is little too drawn out for me [almost to the point of DBZ pacing, imo], so I just stick with the manga, but I did thoroughly enjoy the second game very, very much (and the music stuck out immediately to me right from the menu). Since it's also going to be available for PC I'd love to take a look at this (I was going to wait on seeing if my cousin gets it since he has an Xbox 360, so this is great news for me).

I never get on #ocremix and I've never seen you mentioning this before, but I'm surprised you like Naruto, Darkesword. :smile:

Not implying anything, you just seem like you'd prefer darker anime like Hellsing. Thanks for the recommendation.

Looks like I was wrong!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/07/05/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-3-full-burst/

Really excited for this. Might actually double-dip and get the PC version. :D

--

I really doubt that they'd bring those games to PC. Personally I'd recommend just grabbing a copy for PS3 or 360 and just playing it. That's a really great deal.

HIGHLY recommended if you're a Naruto fan. If you ever hang out in #ocremix you know that I've talked at length about this game. UNS3 directly adapts the manga after the big Naruto vs. Nagato battle, starting with the Five Kage Summit. It's an extremely story/cutscene-heavy RPG with an arena-fighting system as the battle system. What really makes the UNS series amazing is the special cinematic boss battles. The regular fighting is inter-cut with amazingly animated quicktime sequences.

Also of note is that while the game directly adapts the manga (it doesn't adapt any of the anime's filler stuff and actually goes further than what the anime has done so far), it features the same voice cast (both English and Japanese). I actually would recommend playing the UNS games over watching the anime; the cel-shaded engine actually ends up delivering a much more consistent and well-animated experience over the wildly-swinging quality of the anime. CC2 also takes great care in adding a lot of effects that really give it a hand-drawn animated experience, despite the whole game being 3D.

I can honestly say that UNS3 is one of my favorite games this year. Some of the more emotional story sequences in this game left me absolutely wrecked, despite having already read the manga. It's incredibly well done. The entire chapter devoted to Naruto's birth is particularly amazing. I do want to stress again though; this game has a LOT of story and cutscene sequences. When playing the main campaign you will be sitting there watching a lot.

Wow! Really!?! That's awesome dude!! Now I kinda wish the rest of the serious would make it to Steam. Still, that's awesome! Hopefully I have the specs to support it, and if I don't, well, I'll just have to see about upgrading.

Well, the pacing for the anime is little too drawn out for me [almost to the point of DBZ pacing, imo], so I just stick with the manga, but I did thoroughly enjoy the second game very, very much (and the music stuck out immediately to me right from the menu). Since it's also going to be available for PC I'd love to take a look at this (I was going to wait on seeing if my cousin gets it since he has an Xbox 360, so this is great news for me).

I never get on #ocremix and I've never seen you mentioning this before, but I'm surprised you like Naruto, Darkesword. :smile:

Not implying anything, you just seem like you'd prefer darker anime like Hellsing. Thanks for the recommendation.

I'm a big fan of shounen stories. I prefer lighter, more fun series. I'm actually less into anime than I used to be (I still read a ton of manga though), but my big thing for the past decade or so has been tokusatsu (Super Sentai and Kamen Rider), which should tell you something about my taste in entertainment.

I've been a die-hard Naruto fan since the anime first premiered, and after Shippuden started airing I switched exclusively to reading the manga. While the pacing, filler arcs, and inconsistent animation quality of the anime turned me off to keeping up with the show, the manga has never disappointed me. Kishimoto has never let me down, and I know that he was involved in the development of the game (especially NUNS3), which is part of why I think the story parts had such an impact.

Ditto, I quit [actively] participating in manga forums because it seems like an awful fad to viciously hate on mangaka for every little nuance or plot change these days (especially "The Big 3"), but I've greatly enjoyed Kishimoto's approach with Naruto and became hooked ever since 'Sasuke Retrieval arc' (I keep telling people that Kishimoto is a master of parallelism and folklore integration, but nobody wants to acknowledge it :banghead: ). I thought the Road to Ninja film was the only thing he became heavily involved with lately, and the trailer(s) for this game seem to be heavily story-driven, so I'm just getting more and more pumped about this game.

Only downside is that I think I'll have to wait till my cousin gets it on 360 because my laptop has been increasing the R2-D2 noises lately, so it's probably time to retire the lappy and level up to a desktop for good before adding awesome games to the arsenal. T_T

• 3 months later...

According to DarkeSword talking my ear off about this game in the past, playing Ninja Storm 2 and this game are actually better than watching the anime, because the video quality is far, far more consistent, but it uses the same voice actors. It also does more story than the anime has, less filler, and Masashi Kishimoto's actually involved in the game's writing.