Lufia 2 - Beyond the Azure Skies Remix by JGH542 (BETA)

JGH542

Well, the kick drum at the start suffers from a severe case of rigor mortis. Adjust the velocities and timing so that it will sound more realistic. The entire arrangement actually suffers from this ultra-stiff sequencing.

The remix also comes to a halt in the middle and then starts again after a lot of silence. Definitely make some sort of transition there.

Not bad for your first time though! Congrats on losing your VGM remixing virginity.

lol i really thank you for your comment bro, i wasn't expecting anyone to enjoy this... and YES, you're right mate, that also why i've posted BETA at thread title, exactly because i was looking for people with more experience to give me some advices, btw ty... gotta improve it and then i'll submit.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

See if you can get somebody with guitar chops to record the guitar part for you. (Someone better at guitar than me)

Check out Solid Slate drums for drum samples. Everything you are using sounds MIDI computery as hell, and that is not gonna do it for anybody outside of an actual video game

I agree it needs a transition in the middle

Listen to some rock and metal music for how the drum parts are played/written. The drum track doesn't sound like an actual drummer is playing it, and I don't mean the velocity, but just the actual drum part. Try using a standard rock beat or variation thereof until you get the hang of drum part writing well enough to do some embellishments.

Good first try and the MIDI guitar is really well sequenced....but MIDI guitar just isn't a real guitar....