OCR02702 - Super Mario World "Bowser Is a Champion"

My feelings are much like Deia's. The one very short part of the source gets a whole lot of attention, especially but not entirely for the entire first half, I did feel like it got old. And the total changeup to piano & pad at 2:48 was too much for me. I actually thought ending sequence worked better; even though I'm not a huge fan of fade-outs, it kept the guitar going, so at least it seemed like part of the same song.

The metal playing is great, there's a lot to like about many of the arrangement decisions, and production and soundscape are pretty solid. Looking forward to seeing more growth from this remixer.

I see what everyone is saying about the first part there. Even with my techno preference favoring iterative repetition-which this absolutely has-I agree. That section overstays its welcome by about 20 seconds. But during that section, I love how he iterates on the motif using several different metal styles.

The transition to piano and pad actually REALLY works for me, largely because it could have been extremely jarring, but the artist fit it together very well. Furthermore, it makes sense in the context of Bowser's character. There's a gentleman in there somewhere, and we've been introduced to that fellow through the backgrounds and settings that Bowser keeps around himself. Furthermore, it adds the silence within the thunder-compositional balance, negative space, whatever you want to call it. It's contrast, and it is interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a song I had on repeat for awhile. Since I am always drawn to the musical genre, I had to embrace this further than normal. I love the beginning piece of it feeling somewhat mellow then the transition into the hardcore part. It oozes great change ups that keep it from being too repetitive and the piano piece was a nice surprise. Overall, I really enjoyed the remix! :3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02702 - Super Mario World "Bowser Is a Champion"