So i got a ps3...what do i do with it?

prophetik music

3D Dot Game Heroes and Dead Nation are two that I've played that come to mind. I've only played the first PS3 Atelier game and it was okay but the sequels fixed any negatives the first game had, so if you're into RPG's then those would probably be good picks. Also Dragon's Crown and Tales of Xillia is coming next month so there are those to look forward to. And while it's not an exclusive, Vanquish was hella fun and you can get it cheap if you look carefully.

Edited by Flash Strife

Well, obviously Games are #1 on my list for a game console!

Some Good Exclusives for PS3:

MGS4

The Last of Us

Heavy Rain

Flow, Flower, Journey (Journey's Collectors Edition has all 3)

Little Big Planet 1 & 2

Valkyria Chronicles

God of War 3

Tokyo Jungle

Uncharted series

Ratchet & Clank Future series

Infamous series

PixelJunk series

Coming Out Soon:

Beyond: Two Souls

If you didn't catch these on PS2 tons of HD collections:

GOW HD

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection (MGS1 + MGS2/3/PW HD + MGS4)

Ratchet & Clank HD

Zak & Daxter HD

Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD

Okami HD

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD

Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD

Edited by Crowbar Man

oh yeah, i heard ni no kuni was really good. so it looks like i'll have to try it.

It's a good game, but it suffers from "oh shit we ran out of money" a bit. Nothing that completely breaks the flow of the game like Xenogears, just less animation as the game goes on and fewer variety of sidequest things to do. A few bugs, too.

I'm going to second Tales of Xillia. When I heard it was going to have an english release, I pre-ordered it. Over a year later, I only have about a month to go until I finally get my hands on it. If you like Tales games, get Tales of Graces F. Like the standard Tales game the male protagonist and his female love interest are boring and forgettable, but the supporting cast more than makes up for it. There's also this coming out sometime in 2014, which is a HD remake of Tales of Symphonia and That Other Tales Game For Wii.

As far as other jrpgs for PS3 only, there's the Hyperdimention Neptunia series which is a niche game. That niche being people who find moe sexually attractive. I've been told it's fun, but the pedobear aspects of the game are creepy. Go check out screenshots and gameplay videos on this one if you're thinking about trying it.

This thread is cool. I've been recycling old games forever because I can't seem to get into newer games for the PS3. I even started my own "to play" list.

Nothing that completely breaks the flow of the game like Xenogears

You're talking about the "Sitting in the chair explanation" sequence on Disc 2? I remember getting bored there, despite the fact that the parts of the story it was unveiling at that point were incredible.

I'm going to second Tales of Xillia. When I heard it was going to have an english release, I pre-ordered it. Over a year later, I only have about a month to go until I finally get my hands on it. If you like Tales games, get Tales of Graces F. Like the standard Tales game the male protagonist and his female love interest are boring and forgettable, but the supporting cast more than makes up for it.

I've tried twice to play different Tales games. Abyss (ps3) and Symphonia (GC? I forget), but it felt too immature for me with stilted anime-style dialog and characters I couldn't connect with. Maybe I'm just getting old; can someone who is 28 really relate to those games anymore? I'm not sure. I seem to have no issues playing other old JRPGs though. One of these days maybe I'll muscle through one of them and have a whole-game perspective. If I were to play one of them that might whet my appetite and give me a good point of reference, would you recommend one?

EDIT: lol, I also found this about Toyko Jungle: "Ellie Gibson, writing for Eurogamer, gave Tokyo Jungle a 9/10, describing it as "basically Grand Theft Auto with lions." and calling it "a celebration of classic games, with their ridiculous plots, repetitive tasks, excessive violence and all. It pulls off the impressive and nigh-on impossible trick of being an original homage. Also it lets you set a giraffe on a bear."[7]"

I actually want to play this game now.

EDIT: lol, I also found this about Toyko Jungle: "Ellie Gibson, writing for Eurogamer, gave Tokyo Jungle a 9/10, describing it as "basically Grand Theft Auto with lions." and calling it "a celebration of classic games, with their ridiculous plots, repetitive tasks, excessive violence and all. It pulls off the impressive and nigh-on impossible trick of being an original homage. Also it lets you set a giraffe on a bear."[7]"

I actually want to play this game now.

You and I both. I saw the game trailer as well, and I have to say from what I've read about it, this is an amusingly quirky concept. I'm also surprised with what I've seen it somehow got a 12+ rating from the PEGI system as opposed to anything higher, but that's beside the point.

So yeah, it's not just Brad that's diving deeper into the PS3 realm here x)

Yeah, I'm excited to try out Valkyria Chronicles myself. I bought it about a year ago and brought it over to my parents house and I lost it. I did my best doing that thing where you don't want to buy another because you know it will show up, but I decided I may as well support a game that's (supposedly) really cool, so after a year I have purchased it again. As you may be able to imagine, I refuse to take it over to my parents house....

Valkyria Chronicles

Resistance 3

Vanquish

Journey

FWIW, i did play vanquish when it came out on the 360, and loved it. not a huge fan of the anime bent, but sliding around in your suit and blowing things up was riotous fun. when you're really rocking, i compare it to mirror's edge when you come out of tough set of flawless jumps or moves, and then nail that perfect disarm on the way by an enemy just to go into another tough set of flawless jumps. it was so much fun, all flowing motion and headshots.

Tokyo Jungle:

Animals have taken over and destroyed the city, and now war against each other for dominance/survival

Has 2 modes:

Story: which is kinda goofy in a fun way

Survival: The meat and potatoes (need to play this to unlock more Story actually). An arcadey beatem-up-ish platformish rpgish rogue like (permadeath, randomness to animal placement/missions) where you have to fight to survive, eat food (plants for veggies, other animals for carnivores) breed to continue (you can die of old age, breeding passes better stats to next generation) and sometimes survive the elements (radioactive smog/rain, irradiated areas, etc). Has RPG elements (stats, "equipment" (pet clothes)), you earn points/achieve goals to unlock more and different types of animals, and best of all its either single player or 2 player co-op!

Sorry, I'm a fan of this game :) Its really quite simple but addictive

Edited by Crowbar Man