Steam's Summer Getaway Sale

Brandon Strader

Games keep getting cards like crazy. Randomly during the day and night they'll just throw more on there.

I maxed out my Steam Summer Sale badge, so I can use my extras to try and get those cards, but eeesh.

Is Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army worth the five bucks they want? It looks over the top boring.

I just bought it and after playing it for about 90 minutes today I'm still up in the air about it. The game is essentially a giant maze. It's innovative and fascinating. However, there doesn't seem to be much method to the madness other than learning what the game is trying to tell you will solve each puzzle. It definitely keeps you on your toes. There are still several parts of the game where I'm not exactly sure what I did to progress. I'd recommend it if you have patience and want a break from the experience that most games offer. I definitely enjoy the soundscapes that play while going through the maze.

Okay, thank you. The visuals looked pretty cool and was willing to try the game on that basis, but if it's a good puzzle game then I'm for it. I was afraid that it was "hey we're a puzzle game and our puzzles involve stepping on three switches to open a door".

Games keep getting cards like crazy. Randomly during the day and night they'll just throw more on there.

I maxed out my Steam Summer Sale badge, so I can use my extras to try and get those cards, but eeesh.

Is Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army worth the five bucks they want? It looks over the top boring.

Sniper Elite 1 and 2 were both boring. So no.

Also, do you have an unlimited amount of money? Cause you are Level 48, and that is redick.

If you've ever wanted to make your own RPG just for fun, it's TOTALLY worth it. If you've ever wanted to make your own RPG for profit it's a MUST HAVE. Unless you can do your own programming, then maybe you don't need it. But I needed it.

I was just looking into getting this too. Mostly because I was interested in writing and scoring my own rpg to throw into my portfolio. Is it possible to import your own music and is it at least somewhat flexible?

Deus Ex Human Revolution is gonna be on an 8-hour sale for $3! A triple-A title, could barely believe it. It's an awesome experience especially if you like cyberpunk or technology in general.

EDIT: Grrr. I must sounds like a cheap ass, but upset that when I added Knights of the Old Republic II to my cart it was $3, but after putting in my payment info it went back up to $6. :/

EDIT2: What's the point of these cards? Steam level doesn't actually do anything, right?

Edited by Moguta
to not double post

What's the point of these cards? Steam level doesn't actually do anything, right?

To make money. Sell certain games, players get cards for those games. For every $10 you spend, you get a card. It's a gimmick to get more crap sold in the sale, as if they really need a gimmick to get people to spend way too much.

Except that cards are longer-term than the sale. You generate them from playing games as well. It sounds like your Steam level grants you profile customizability, but that's hearsay on my part.

They do allow for a small amount of customization. It's not an incredible amount, but it's a nice touch.

To make money. Sell certain games, players get cards for those games. For every $10 you spend, you get a card. It's a gimmick to get more crap sold in the sale, as if they really need a gimmick to get people to spend way too much.

Like Kenogu said, there's a lot more cards than are available through the summer sale. Also: cards can be sold. It's obviously something they're monetizing (business and all) but really though I think, more than anything, cards are a way to get people who buy games on Steam to actually play them. The majority of cards have to be accessed through actual game play, and how many Steam games collect dust is kind of a plague on the community.

This, basically. Do you have to trade for multiple sets of the summer sale cards, then?

For each level you have to get the same 10 cards. So once you get all the cards, make a badge, get a background, emote, another card, maybe other stuff depending on the level, and then you just keep going. If you get duplicates you can trade, or sell the cards. If you sell them you can usually just rebuy cards you actually need (exchange rate is like ~$0.20.

Alternatively you can sell all the cards and that money you make goes toward other purchases.

I got tired of dealing with people (lol jk) and instead opted to simply buy the cards on the marketplace. It was $6 to get 4 sets of cards and finish my level 5 badge. Fast, easy, no more begging for cards, annoying people, etc.

If you're serious about getting that level 5 and you're at level 1 or lower, at this point, where there's only like 5 days left... it's your only option.

Picked up Dust: An Elysian Tale yesterday for like 7 bucks, and this game is FUN

If you enjoyed any of Vanillaware's games (Odin Sphere, GrimGrimmoire, Muramasa, upcoming DRAGON'S CROWN), pick this shit UP

unless you hate anthropomorphic animals under pretenses of hating furries (understandable)