Steam's Summer Getaway Sale

Brandon Strader

Borderlands 2 twice (one for my bro), as well as Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep

If you're playing Borderlands 2 and TTAODK, you might as well get all four DLCs. The Torgue campaign alone is worth it for a high level Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold. It's a pistol that shoots 14 explosive bullets in two horizontal lines. It's one of the most powerful handguns in the game, if not the most powerful. Seriously, it does over 112000 damage with a direct hit.

Broke from buying a house two weeks ago myself, but I still managed to snag:

Thomas Was Alone

Knights of the Old Republic

Magicka

Bought and gifted:

Bastion

So far, out of my three new games for myself, I've only tried Magicka, which apparently my laptop is too slow to run (whoops), but I've being eager to play KoTOR since I enjoyed the second one so much, and Thomas Was Alone seems like it'll be a fun, humorous little puzzle platformer, so I'm pretty content.

Looks like I got...

DmC: Devil May Cry (ROW)

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold DLC Only

Reus

Castle Crashers 4-pack

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Kerbal Space Program

Fallout New Vegas: Gun Runners' Arsenal

Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road DLC

Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues DLC

Fallout New Vegas: Courier's Stash

Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition

FTL: Faster Than Light

Ys I and II Chronicles

Bully: Scholarship Edition

XCOM Enemy Unknown (ROW)

Just Cause 2

Bit.Trip.Runner 2 + Soundtrack + Good Friends Character Pack

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Skyrim Hearthfire

Skyrim - Dawnguard

Looks like I got...

(stuff)

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold DLC Only

I almost bought "Gods and Kings" expansion for $7.50, but then I noticed that it was included in this Gold DLC Only pack for $5. I saved $2.50 and also got Korea, Wonders and another expansion I didn't have yet.

Anyone have some extra cards to trade?

I need: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Skyrim, and Torchlight II

Extras I have: 3x Bioshock Infinite, 2x Kerbal Space Program, 3x Prison Architect, 2x Tomb Raider

Once I get the three I'm missing, I'm happy to give my other extras away to anyone who wants them. Send me a message here, or [OCR] Kanthos on Steam.

My haul:

Age of Empires II HD

Assassin's Creed III

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

Civilization V: Brave New World

Eador: Masters of the Broken World

Street Fighter x Tekken

Not a big haul, but...

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

Deadlight: Soundtrack Edition

Ether Vapor Remaster

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition

Steel Storm: Burning Retribution

Titan Attacks

Torchlight II

Not bad for $32.

I almost bought Tomb Raider, since my old rig might actually be able to run it decently, but $12.49 just wasn't in the cards by the time it went on flash sale last night. Strike Suit Zero would have been nice, but it doesn't run on XP, so I'm SOL there. I also broke down and bought Sine Mora, a funky little shmup from Greenmangaming (which gave me a Steam code)... two days before it went on sale on Steam for $2.49. The game's good and worth what I paid, but still, that was just mean.

It's not punishing. Anyone who's used Steam for a while knows that's how they operate, and therefore must decide to either take a risk and buy now or wait until they're sure they can get it at a lower price. Conversely, seeing a game you weren't looking for show up at a lower price is more likely to trigger an impulse purchase.

All this is multiplied ten-fold when they're running a major sale like they are now. Pick up a game now, or risk it going off sale entirely? That's something the consumer knows about and has to consider before purchasing. Annoying? Occasionally, but it's far better than getting no deals at all. In the end, it's up to each person's level of risk tolerance to decide.

Are Steams out of the blue price changes starting to bug anyone else? Seeing games advertised at a price lasting until the end of the sale and buying them only to have them drop another 50% the next day kind of punishes customers for buying now instead of later. That being said, this sale has been insanely good.

First rule of the Steam Sale: Never buy anything that isn't a Daily Deal, Flash Sale, or Community Pick until the very last day of the sale.

First rule of the Steam Sale: Never buy anything that isn't a Daily Deal, Flash Sale, or Community Pick until the very last day of the sale.

Second Rule: never buy any game on your wishlist during the Steam Sale unless it's discounted more than 60%. Steam randomly puts things on sale throughout the year and you may be able to pick it up again at another date, and they usually do 50-75% off when they do that. Meanwhile during the sale every last item on your wishlist will be 20% or 40% off because pretty much every damn game is on sale for that much.

Damn, that was an expensive week! All those reduced prices do really stack up...

Here's my basket:

* The elder Scolls 5: Skyrim Legendary Edition

* Psychonauts

* Borderland 2 Season Pass

* Saints Row 3: The full package

* Fallout 3 GOTY

* Fallout New Negas GOTY

* Mirror's Edge

* The elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion GOTY Deluxe

All in all that is more than 90 USD in games. That will have to do 'til Winter (when the next sale will be)

Cheers, Jandalf

My damage:

Saint's Row the Third: The Full Package + Unlockable Pack ($7.98 )

System Shock 2 ($2.49)

Dishonored ($10.19)

Monaco ($7.44)

Terraria ($2.49)

Total: $30.59

I'm also thinking about picking up Rogue Legacy, but it's only 20% off -- it'll probably be on sale again, for less, before I actually get around to playing it.

So yeah, basically what The Damned said. I didn't get nearly as much as I have in sales past, but that's probably a good thing, overall.

Edited by Native Jovian