OCR02705 - Sonic Colors "Go into the Light"

djpretzel

Love this song! Those chimey parts in the first 2 minutes are a really nice touch, especially when paired with the piano later on. Bev did a really stellar job mixing all the themes together in one cohesive mix too! The song flows together quite well. I really enjoy the overall atmosphere and instrumentation throughout, definitely one of my favs from her!

Bev did a really stellar job mixing all the themes together in one cohesive mix too! The song flows together quite well. I really enjoy the overall atmosphere and instrumentation throughout, definitely one of my favs from her!

Matt summed up my musical arrangement/production thoughts pretty well here (I LOVE how many musical nods to various Sonic tunes there are), but I'll add that I not only love your sounds/atmosphere/groove/etc. on this track, but I feel that it's some of your best production work as well. I've already told you a couple times how much I love this song, and how it always gives me effing chills when I listen to it :)

Hmm. Looking at the list of themes you couldn't be helped but think it was more of a Sonic mash-up in general. Would help if I played Colours, but I digress. It's smooth and seemly, a nice little listen to relax too with a bottle of Magners and watching some Cricket... yeah that's my summer wrapped it if it wasn't for work ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, that very first audio clip was great for many reasons for me, but I'm loving this ReMix. The soft mellow piano being back up by some nice beats and a little bit of a mysterious ambiance that this kind of genre excels in, it all binds together to make quite the arrangement. It's nice that it all picks up a bit near the end. Been listening to this one all week. Great work Rexy.

• 2 years later...

Mmm... So dreamy and smooth. Really love how Bev managed to join all the sources into one cohesive song with solid transitions, build-ups and other stuff. My favourite part here is probably 3:46 - 4:40 just because of the leading synths :) The past-paced part later on is a great touch as well. Stellar work from Bev as always!

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02705 - Sonic Colors "Go into the Light"