PRC250 - Results Announced!! - PRC Classic Songs (Many possible sources)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 250

PRCv10-16

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

It has been a while since the first PRC was hold, almost 10 years ago. The source was Doom Hiding the Secret, 7 songs where submitted and Aluminum claimed victory.

Probably most of you didn't know about this contest and weren't members of Ocremix. That also holds for me.

The 'biggest' PRC was the first anniversary edition, PRC26, with Mega Man 7 - Shade Man as the source. 21 Remixers entered that round, with Jeremy Robson as the winner. This was for me the round I came across with PRC.

Many sources has passed over the years and there might be quite some rounds which you wanted to enter, but didn't because you didn't know the contest or didn't have the time to do it back then.

This is the time for your revenge.

For this round, all sources which are used before in a PRC match may be selected. So Doom Hiding the Secret, Mega Man 7 Shade Man and even Chrono Cross Lizard Grutto (last rounds source) can be used as a source.

For the anniversary free rounds, all sources which are remixed in those rounds may be used. So for example, Asterix - Dessert is fine because I did a remix of that song in PRC156.

Check my website for the PRC sources overview. In addition, the following sources may be used since these are used in free rounds (I used the descriptions used by the remixers, you can also check the PRC156, PRC182, PRC208 and PRC234 threads:

Asterix (GB/NES) - Egypt Theme

Bomberman - Short Fuse (PRC182)

Chrono Trigger - Belthasar/Sealed Door

Codename: Iceman - Navigating Icebergs bit

Dance Dance Revolution 6th Mix - Look to the Sky - Arcade

Death Track - Intro

Final Fantasy 6 - Gestahl's Empire

Final Fantasy 9 - Freya's Theme/Gizalamuke's Grotto

Hocus Pocus Title

James Pond 3 - Roquefort Ridge

Killer Instinct - The Instinct

Kirby 64 - Ripple Star theme

Kirby - Save Hut

Legend of Legaia - Light of the Town

Little Nemo: The Dream Master - Mushroom Forest (Dream 1)

Maldita Castilla - Intro

MapleStory - Ellinia Forest - PC

Mega Man 5: Gravity Man

Megaman V (Rockman World V) for GB - Wily Stage

Phoenix Wright Series - Detective Gumshoe's theme

Sonic Adventure 2 - Pyramid Cave

Starfox 64 - Select (Menu)

Star Ocean - For Achieve (the game's regular battle theme)

Tetris Battle Gaiden: Wolfman

Warlords III - Darklords Rising - Final Victory

Wonder Boy 3 (Sega Master System) - Vs. Dragon/The Dragon's Trap

All sources from PRC1 - PRC249 are also allowed.

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes). If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by WEDNESDAY August 5th 2013 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. . NOTE: EXTENDED WITH TWO DAYS AND 3 HOURS
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work. Then I'll make sure it works.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC252.
  7. Everyone can take part in this round, and win it. Nobody has a double vote.
  8. You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

As mentioned before, I'll be on vacation for two weeks but I'll be back just before voting starts. If you have questions about the eligibility of the source, you can ask it here in this thread (or just pick another source). I don't know if I have internet access the coming weeks so probably I'm not able to follow this thread.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Edited by Bundeslang

I'm thinking of Mischievous Robot from Cave Story, it's a source I've wanted to do for some time and this would be a good excuse. It's from a round before I discovered PRC though, so I might still switch if I realize there's some source I really wanted to do but couldn't participate at the time. This is really the opportunity to do just that!

--Eino

Also I wanna take the opportunity to thank Kevin again for keeping PRC running smoothly every week. If it wasn't for PRC I probably wouldn't have come back to OCR and make mixes.

Second'd. Thanks Bundeslang. I want to improve my production skills and it's so easy to let life get in the way and make excuses. Sometimes PRC is the only thing that pushes me to make music.

I'm thinking of Mischievous Robot from Cave Story, it's a source I've wanted to do for some time and this would be a good excuse. It's from a round before I discovered PRC though, so I might still switch if I realize there's some source I really wanted to do but couldn't participate at the time. This is really the opportunity to do just that!

--Eino

i literally ctrl+f'd "cave story" because i wanted to do one from that game so here we are

at a standoff

i'm probably going to do more than one, though

i've never done a prc and it sounds hella fun so

EDIT: i might be picky but i'm also confused: round 83 is listed as being "Sonic Adventure 2 - Ice Paradise (GEN)" which doesn't make any sense, because:

-ice paradise is from sonic advance two, not sonic adventure two

-neither sonic adventure 2 nor sonic advance 2 are on the sega genesis

am i insane or was this intentional

Edited by spellmynamewithabang

oh man, thank all things good in the world! (and bundeslang) i still have a week for this, i thought it was done on monday. i can polish up my old bonus mix up to something fierce . but then again, ive always wanted to remix Dollet Landing for a PRC. choices choices!

For this round, all sources which are used before in a PRC match may be selected. So Doom Hiding the Secret, Mega Man 7 Shade Man and even Chrono Cross Lizard Grutto (last rounds source) can be used as a source.

For the anniversary free rounds, all sources which are remixed in those rounds may be used. So for example, Asterix - Dessert is fine because I did a remix of that song in PRC156.

Check my website for the PRC sources overview. In addition, the following sources may be used since these are used in free rounds

So the list is just there because there is otherwise no list of every source ever chosen in a free round.

Basically, combine the lists at https://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc and in the top of this thread for the full list of eligible sources.

oh ok thats what i thought . gewd....gewd.....

i shall return to the laboratory. hehehe

for real though, im probably subbing twice. one entry and one bonus mix. i wanna reup my zelda remix with updates. , but since it won a previous PRC round i didnt feel it was fair to enter it as a non bonus mix.

Oops, failed to observe the deadline being a bit earlier than usual.

Misc. Robotics

Source: Cave Story - Mischievous Robot

Completely unpolished, but I did get the full structure down. I recorded two simple guitar tracks, both are one take but the other is edited a bit. I had very little time to come up with the synth & organ parts or to vary up the drums. Well, it's supposed to be kind of a "steady" piece.. I referenced On To Grasstown and Moonsong in the later solo section.

cheers!

--Eino

Extended with two days, due some internet issues from me (I haven't been able to access it for over 10 days). The new deadline is Wednesday, 10:59 AM ThaSauce Time (the usual time, only Wednesday instead of Monday). The earlier deadline was a mistake, since I had to start this round up in a different country with a different computer.

I'm sorry for the confusion about the possible sources, but MindWanderer was right. If any sources are mentioned wrong (for example Sonic 1 instead of Sonic 2), just go ahead with that song (from PRC94 on, original sources are posted in the corresponding ThaSauce threads).

This means voting starts at wednesday. Darkbrandflake11, I deleted your vote but stored it on my computer. Please vote again when the voting starts on wednesday, 10:59 AM ThaSauce time. Voting will end on Friday.

My apologizes for these issues, things turned out different as planned.

Edited by Bundeslang

Oops, failed to observe the deadline being a bit earlier than usual.

Misc. Robotics

Source: Cave Story - Mischievous Robot

Completely unpolished, but I did get the full structure down. I recorded two simple guitar tracks, both are one take but the other is edited a bit. I had very little time to come up with the synth & organ parts or to vary up the drums. Well, it's supposed to be kind of a "steady" piece.. I referenced On To Grasstown and Moonsong in the later solo section.

cheers!

--Eino

As written in the post above, you can still get it in for the round. If you have updates from previous mixes you can just upload them somewhere and post a link here. Interesting idea.