OCR01461 - Mario Paint "Intense Color"

djpretzel

Wow, this is an amazing remix. Its such an interesting and unique sound to it that I just can't help but totally get into it.

The entire thing blends so well together, and it kept me into it the entire time. Great stuff. :)

As with the rest though...to think this came from Mario Paint? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Damn how did I miss this. Shame that I've only just got around to listening to it. Yes, this is a lot different to what I've come to expect from OCR. Big, big kudos to the arrangers here for doing something a bit bold and different - I haven't heard much else quite like this on OCR. I love hearing the compositional traits of the musicians behind the remix. Not to say I don't like covers - quite the opposite (though you won't find many of those on this site it seems), though I do feel that having your own personal stamp and compositional voice is a great approach to arranging. Even when wishing to stick to a certain genre, it's still possible, and this mix proves that.

Nice one! Good fun, I enjoyed it.

Insanity. Pure, techno/industrial awesome. The intro makes it seem like you'll be going back through our good old, weird, Mario Paint. Then it just takes you in through this hellish collapse of every sort of grungy sound you can imagine. The strings and piano offset this to try and bring you back to normalcy, but it always seems to be overtaken by the industrial noise.

The outro is great in that it signifies you are finally out of this horrible universe of glitchy sounds.

I LURVE IT! 10/10!!

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

when i was in middle school i did a lot with mario paint. i made my own animated movies, did a couple reports for school with it, even did birthday greeting videos for some of my friends. this song takes me back...

in the intro i see a kid sitting down to start playing around in mario paint...when the cellos come in the lights begin to dim and the kids eyes begin to glow - as the electronics take over, the room is transformed into a barren world and mountains begin to grow and an ocean is poured as the child begins to create and his imagination takes him to places no one else can comprehend. at the end his mother is calling him to dinner so we return to the bookended original theme and he saves his work and turns off his SNES.

that's what mario paint was for me...my first real canvas, my first window into personal expression.

terrific job on the mix.

• 7 months later...

So I should have reviewed this a year ago, but I didn't, and do you know why? Because I'm a HACK, that's why. This is an awesome mix, straight up, and it is in my opinion the best mix of 2006. It's totally epic, which is awesome considering your source material. I really loved the transition from and to chiptunes to intro and outro the mix. Excellent synth work, it really creates a lot of sonic texture, and just throws a wall of sound at you. You can't climb over it, so just ride the wave, and it's a fun ride. Great mix.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone, this is my first review of the tracks in my collection, I will review every track...yes every track, the rules thread challenged me to do so here goes

Review# 1/1522 Mario Paint: Intense Color:

Intense Color makes great sense to me because this remix is just that: Intense. It is so far the only track on here of the "Chase Techno" variety. I say this because it reminds me of people chasing after Jason Bourne in those quality films. Understandably this remix screams the frantic pace of someone running away from some unseen danger who is having no trouble catching up. The track even includes some "slow motion" effects of possible stunts in a blockbuster chase sequence.

Score: 10/10 "No Flaws"

(note it is possible to score an 11 but only the best track of all in my opinion gets this)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is the closest thing to synesthesia I've encountered here.

I just don't know if I'm supposed to be seeing sounds or hearing colors. :<

Either way, this is awesome track.

I love how it jumps from Mario Paint to dark-techno-orchestral.

I heavily endorse this product and/or service.

• 4 months later...

This was the first ReMix which made me do a double-take and one of my earliest favorites. I couldn't believe what SGX and Sephire did with the source and it still blows my mind that they managed to contort it so much but keep true to the original. Excellent mix, and still one of my faves.

• 3 weeks later...

:shock:

Well this certainly was unexpected. The shock value of this song is what I enjoy the most I think. I mean, if you listen to the source, it really is a pleasant, catchy tune that you could find that you hum all day. This...well...this isn't that, and I love it!

The beginning had me wondering, to be honest, but the transition from that to the actual mix turned out to be very appropriate.

I'm still shocked. I never would have imagined this as a song that would accept such a heavy electronic sound so bizarrely well.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I've listened to a lot of remixes on this site, and though this was one of the few I first listened to, I have to say the remix was among the best out there. Personally it is my favorite, but I haven't listened to them all... still though.

The energy.

The mix of original melody and add-in.

It's pretty badass.

• 8 months later...

Oh man, I was not expecting anything like this from a Mario Paint ReMix. So many awesome ideas come out of the synths, especially around the first minute and the many switch-ups made this sound like serious business. Really, if there was anything that could have been close to a boss battle in which you have to use painting and Mario (like Kirby and yarn, I guess), this would fit. Surprising and full of energy, very nice, guys!

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01461 - Mario Paint "Intense Color"