Gamestop Hate

Meteo Xavier

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone mentioned the fact that all the employees refer to you as bro, guy or chief? I suppose they don't really care as they are speaking to clientele that talk like that to each other, but to not be treated like I live in a frat house would be great. Also, the constant up-selling on everything drives me bonkers.

Also, the constant up-selling on everything drives me bonkers.

Have you never worked retail? That is part of your job. As in "if you don't make a sales quota using these tactics you don't have a job".

As for calling each other "bro". That might just me your location. The employees have always referred to me as "sir" or something else respectable.

Has anyone mentioned the fact that all the employees refer to you as bro, guy or chief? I suppose they don't really care as they are speaking to clientele that talk like that to each other, but to not be treated like I live in a frat house would be great. Also, the constant up-selling on everything drives me bonkers.

Never happened to me. Then again the Gamestop I go to treats their customers with respect and doesn't refer to them as anything but "sir" or "miss" if they need to. I'm also female so being called "bro" would be kind of hilarious.

I have been known to address groups of people as "sheep"

I think people take these time-saving labels far too seriously

Anyone who has worked with Access databases for years, and sees the world numerically like the Matrix, recognizes that people are nothing more than interchangeable data. I wouldn't recommend working with databases for an extended period of time.

Also Gamestop gives practically nothing for trade-ins that's why everyone hates them

Never happened to me. Then again the Gamestop I go to treats their customers with respect and doesn't refer to them as anything but "sir" or "miss" if they need to. I'm also female so being called "bro" would be kind of hilarious.

when i worked at gamecrazy, i literally called everyone "you". there was no discrimination, i was post-names and post-gender while at work.