Total lack of inspiration.

Let me say now that it appears as though I am back on the right track again. I won't celebrate until I'm DONE with this new WIP of mine (which you can find in the WIP:Other forum) but I can explain how I got to this point..

Basically, I got the inspiration for it, quite simply, by listening to the same stuff I always did. I was just going through Community Service II on my iPod for 20 minutes before English class, and I was actually listening - not being distracted by anything else. I had forgotten how catchy and well-produced the songs were. These were the same tracks I was listening to while making Impulse Prime as well. As I listened to them, I started sort of putting in my own improv parts over them in my head, and for whatever reason, I just began to get the same feeling of burning creativity that I had while making IP. Maybe it's because that day, the weather was NICE for a change.. it's been freezing here, but that day, it was basically like summer.

Anyway, as the day progressed I just felt better and better. I don't know how to describe it, but it was like my brain was really working hard and on a different level than it usually is. So the second I got back to my dorm I started working on the track. For the first few hours I came up with some "bleh" ideas. And initially I was sort of disappointed and began to lose confidence. However, I guess I remembered some of the advice here, and pushed on anyway. I actually erased most of what I did and kept trying different things until I came up with a motif I really liked. From that point it's been easy to work on the song. And FUN.