Soul Calibur II HD Online

AngelCityOutlaw

as much as I played SCII (cant believe its already been 10 years) I'm really not that interested in this HD remake. From what i've seen it doesn't look like they are not touching the game outside of the minor graphical changes.

IF they balance the game the way they did SC5 I'll be all over it because SC5 did a great job fixing everything they needed to for the series. But if it's the same old SCII i'll pass.

When they say HD remake they mean how the game looked on PS2 emulator eight years ago. It doesn't really look that spectacular. The online play is somewhat interesting, only because doing netplay with an emulator was always a pain. Still...meh. Another HD re-release.

Source?

Also, I'm quite excited with this, but would've preferred an expansion for SCV. Hopefully this will give them the necessary funding and user feedback to make the next game even more fun!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-07-19/namco-bandai-games-to-release-soul-calibur-2-hd-online-game

"The company added that the PS3 version will include Tekken's Heihachi."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-07-19/namco-bandai-games-to-release-soul-calibur-2-hd-online-game

"The company added that the PS3 version will include Tekken's Heihachi."

Ah, this is the only place where they reported the news that way. I think it might have been simply miscommunication.

From what I've read elsewhere, the game (on both PS3 and X360) will be based on the PS2 version. I really don't see how/why they would remove Heihachi from the X360 version.

Ah, this is the only place where they reported the news that way. I think it might have been simply miscommunication.

From what I've read elsewhere, the game (on both PS3 and X360) will be based on the PS2 version. I really don't see how/why they would remove Heihachi from the X360 version.

Namco-Bandai has a pretty hilariously awful track record with parity between the 360 and PS3 version. In short, they openly hate the 360/have a serious fanboner with the PS3.

Namco-Bandai has a pretty hilariously awful track record with parity between the 360 and PS3 version. In short, they openly hate the 360/have a serious fanboner with the PS3.

Namco was the EA of the East long before EA became known for being EA. A bunch of shmucks I mean.

Soul Calibur was one of the best selling games on the Dreamcast, and probably the best looking of the bunch, yet Namco was upset that Soul Calibur didn't do as well as they wanted it to so they waited until the next generation to do Soul Calibur 2.

Same deal with Tales of Vesperia and the 360. Now I have to wait until I can get a dirt cheap PS3 before I can play Tales of Xillia when it releases next month.

The biggest thing I remember about Bamco's stupid fanboyism was when they openly mocked Vesperia 360 buyers and thanked them for "beta-testing and subsidizing" the "Much better" PS3 version.

I'm not sure which business school they went to, you don't ever fucking mock your customers like that.