OCR00392 - Mega Man X3 "X-Buster MK-17"

Saunders

Mega Man X3 'X-Buster MK-17'

Right off the bat, I don’t like the sample used, it’s a little too high/sharp for me. But when the bass/beat kicks in it’s a lot better. At first a fast paced remix of (I believe) the intro stage to Mega Man X, and then going into a theme I’m not too sure about, this mix isn't one of the best ones out there, but I don’t think it’s that bad really. I didn't care for the area around 2:10, the constant sample used there and beyond really started to annoy me on it’s 100th loop or so. In fact, without the bass and drums, I believe a lot of the samples used here annoy me. The really heavy bass areas near the end weren't good either though. Maybe it’s the overall louder volume of the tune (which increases even more at about 3:05) but I can’t say I was overly fond of this mix. 2/5

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh, dear... It was a good for a first by Beatdrop (highly respected), but it lacked any kind of base. The kick was unstoppable. I liked the take on the song, but it really did need a better synth sound for the main melody. And very monotonous at times. But I liked it.

AMAZING this was my favorite song while playing x3. I like the original better, because of the rough rough synth that would normally come in at 25 seconds. I think you should have kept that original synth, or tried to duplicate its roughness, but then again it wouldnt really be a remix then right. hahahaha

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

When it starts its up beat right away and its a good reminder of X3. But after a while i find it way to repetititive and the part where the main tune stops and leaves the fast percussion beat or whatever alone is a little to empty. I'm sure now you could do much better. (house hornet is totally awesome 8) ) keep it up.

• 4 months later...

The main body of the mix sounds great, though when the beat drops out at 1:45, as TheDro said, it sounds pretty empty. This part probably drags on for a bit too long. All is well again when the main tune returns with the heavy beat. This was your first mix so I forgive you for the mixes drawbacks, plus, we all know what good stuff you're capable of making now. Overall, nicely done.

• 5 months later...
Definitely not the quality of mix you're capable of now, and I'd very much like to see you remake this.

Indeed. This may be why he call himself Beatdrop, the beat in this one never let go and keep going until around 3:50. This song would be great if you could lower the volume on those beats and maybe vary it at 2:08. The beat itself sounds like a bouncing ball, three short beats and then a short break and then it begins again. But if you stops thinking about the beats, I can hear that the synths are okay and the other beats are doing a fine job. The piece began well with a bright synth that almost flew all over the place, and as Sesshomaru said, we all know how good Beatdrop really is, so a first remix like this is understandable. Nice work Beatdrop.

• 1 month later...
Goodness, I haven't yet voiced how much I dislike this song? Yeah, it sucks. I've been wanting to redo it for awhile, since I love the original, and this remix is VERY old. When I do manage to redo it, I'll have this one pulled down.

Dude there is no reason to redo this song. this is one of the best remixes there is. And i speak with my heart when i say so. Keep up the good Remixing :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Well for me, there's a massive hole in this mix, like a boat has just smashed through the center a pier or something. First off I think the bookends of the mix are pretty good. The sounds are maybe a little sharp, but perfection to that degree doesn't interest me at all. The melody is nice, the energy is there. But as soon as we get into the hole of the mix, the annoying things that were partially hidden are totally exposed. Not only exposed, but thrust in our faces and spelled out. It's almost post-modern in its execution. The repetition isn't really enjoyable, and its something that hurts all the other elements of the mix.

I'm sure if I set my mind to it, I could find something really analytical and arty to justify the boring portion of this track, but I think I'd rather just save the effort and put it down to an error of judgement for a first-time accepted submission. For what it is worth, I loved the meat of the mix, not so much the bones.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This is a perfect example of how much someone can improve over time. However, I don't think this is 100% horrible. Of course, for it's age, the production is meh and arrangement are a little tiring, but you can get the sense of it. And that middle section is enough to drink someone to drink. But I stand by what I said in the first sentence, this is a first-time submission from the early days, and things have improved since then. For what it is, it's okay.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00392 - Mega Man X3 "X-Buster MK-17"