Forum Avatars - RIP

Joyzilla

Not sure, but here's the next version of the TT avatars...

TTAvatars2.gif

Better? Worse? WTF?

LT: The images are too pixelated, i.e. they look like poo to begin with. Care to try with some other Teen Titan headshots?

I'm not looing for a fight here, but what defines "pixelated"? I mean, why are the above "pixelated" when something like these is perfectly acceptable:

cmdrkeen.gif

kiwi.gif

megaman2.gif

ff1blackmage1.gif

cavestory_curlypor.gif

ff1redmage1.gif

Not to mention these:

maniacmansion4.gif

maniacmansion1.gif

And the most beautiful of them all:

cavestory_char.gif

:lol:

LT: Because sprites are supposed to look that way. Resized pictures aren't.

Since you liked my Solid Snake avatar, here are some more codec screen ones. Personally, I don't think they turned out as well, but it's not really my call.

campelllu5.gif

Col. Cambell

liquidsnakecj9.gif

Liquid Snake

meilinggm5.gif

Mei Ling

merylrx6.gif

Meryl

naomihc6.gif

Naomi Hunter

natashahl7.gif

Natasha Romenko (sp? I forget her last name)

otaconkq1.gif

Otacon

LT: You're right, they didn't turn out as well! :-)

Good, Larry is back ^_^

Time to work, then:

(avatars)

LT: Ironically enough, now they're a bit too light. Adjust 'em a little more. These would make great additions.

I redid them, take a look:

blargg.gifbowser.gifbumpty.giffish.giffroggy.gifkoopa.giflakitu.gifmagikoopa.gifpiranhaplant.gifpoochy.gifraven.gifwiggler.gifyoshi.gif

LT: Still a bit too dark. Can you brighten them without causing them to turn whiter?

If Nineko doesn't have a problem with it, I can try adjusting these.

LT: Nike - Just do it.

Alright...

give me baby one more time

blargg3.gifbowser3.gifbumpty3.giffish3.giffroggy3.gifkoopa3.giflakitu3.gifmagikoopa3.gifpiranhaplant3.gifpoochy3.gifraven3.gifwiggler3.gifyoshi3.gif

Sorry for the late response, I'm really busy with TV stuff and everything. But I think these are OK now, I tried to balance brightness, contrast, and gamma correction in the best way I can.

Anyway, Larry, there are 3 or 4 sets of these avatars available right now so you may also pick some from each set if you think they look good in one of the previous ways (because, the source pics are not all bright in the same way, so also the edits can be better in different ways. lol engrish, but I'm sure you got what I mean). And Coop, feel free to rework them as many times as you want, it's not like they are copyrighted :P

LT: Good try. I prefer your Boswer here, so I took that. Otherwise snagged the Coop, which were a little too bright, but weren't too dark and were fine overall.

Good, Larry is back ^_^

Time to work, then:

(avatars)

LT: Ironically enough, now they're a bit too light. Adjust 'em a little more. These would make great additions.

I redid them, take a look:

blargg.gifbowser.gifbumpty.giffish.giffroggy.gifkoopa.giflakitu.gifmagikoopa.gifpiranhaplant.gifpoochy.gifraven.gifwiggler.gifyoshi.gif

LT: Still a bit too dark. Can you brighten them without causing them to turn whiter?

If Nineko doesn't have a problem with it, I can try adjusting these.

LT: Nike - Just do it.

Gave it a whirl...

blargg2.gifbowser2.gifbumpty2.giffish2.giffroggy2.gifkoopa2.giflakitu2.gifmagikoopa2.gifpiranhaplant2.gifpoochy2.gifraven2.gifwiggler2.gifyoshi2.gif

LT: Bueno! I took all but the Bowser one. For Bowser, I used one of the images where the different colors of his eyebrows were visible, since yours is too bright.

• 2 weeks later...

Made some new ones that I don't think have been covered. The first nine are from an old Taito game called Chack 'n Pop, with the last seven being from the immortal Space Invaders.

CnP1.gifCnP2.gifCnP3.gifCnP4.gifCnP5.gifCnP6.gifCnP7.gifCnP8.gifCnP9.gif

SI1.gifSI6.gifSI2.gifSI3.gifSI4.gifSI7.gifSI5.gif

LT: Nah on the Bubble Bobbles. All the sprites are touching the borders while it has a background, which looks awful. I'd say forget 'em. The Space Invader ones...just too plain. Very simple sprite with the simplest background there is; just boring. I'd rethink 'em if they had cooler backgrounds, though I dunno how one would pull that off.

From GenDisc:

Can this please please please please be an avatar (resize as necessary)?

sharkzo6.jpg

Also, I'll sell my soul if it's an avatar that only I can use.

Here you go (some versions so Larry can pick his favorite one):

shark1.gifshark2.gifshark3.gif

LT: I prefer the Shark2 version, but the crappiness of the source image prevents the resize from looking sharp enough. Keep working on it.

Thanks nineko. I wasn't sure where to put this.

It's gotta have the suit. It doesn't make sense without the suit.

It's also pretty hard to see what it is. I have a feeling that as it is right now, it'd be passed on for being too blurry, and/or not being able to tell what it is without an explanation.

Speaking of Larry, where'd he go?

The guy from Crystalis:

crystalis.gif

LT: Coo.

King Dedede (Kirby's Adventure):

dedede.gif

LT: Coo, but can you flip him facing to the right?. If not, no big deal.

Kuros from Wizards & Warriors:

kuros.gif

LT: Would take it, but his feet cut off at the bottom. Any way you can do a fixed version?

And that man-eating fish from Mario 3:

smb3_fish.gif

LT: Ha!

From GenDisc:
Can this please please please please be an avatar (resize as necessary)?

sharkzo6.jpg

Also, I'll sell my soul if it's an avatar that only I can use.

Here you go (some versions so Larry can pick his favorite one):

shark1.gifshark2.gifshark3.gif

LT: I prefer the Shark2 version, but the crappiness of the source image prevents the resize from looking sharp enough. Keep working on it.

I gave it one more try, but it won't look better than this, due to the source pic: 6550yt7.gif

LT: I'd like to, but honestly need the avatar to look better. When you get a better source image, post this one again.

King Dedede (Kirby's Adventure):

dedede.gif

LT: Coo, but can you flip him facing to the right?. If not, no big deal.

Ah yes, of course:

dedede_2.gif

LT: Normally facing left or right doesn't matter, but something just didn't look right for that Dedede one. Thanks.

Kuros from Wizards & Warriors:

kuros.gif

LT: Would take it, but his feet cut off at the bottom. Any way you can do a fixed version?

Alas, that's his full height - no black pixels under his feet. I could add some in but at the cost of clipping (or comically rounding) his head:

kuros_2.gif

kuros_3.gif

LT: Unable to get a good resize? I know how sometimes resizing by one pixel only causes the image to look distorted, but perhaps give it a try. Otherwise, just gimme the full image.

EDIT: Wait a minute, here we go!

kuros_FULL.gif

Looking closely, I found there were three rows of pixels on Kuros's helmet that looked the same. I cut one of them... and he doesn't look too retarded imo.

LT: Sweeeet.