Forum Avatars - RIP

Joyzilla

Sweet Project, I am trying to do some ZOE avatars for this, but things aren't working for me, I was hoping for something like this Jehuty.gif

But I suck :P sooo, Pics For you people to play with!

And I found a website with some REALLY BIG pics here.

I hope someone will try something for ZoE Because giant flying robots are too cool to be left out. :roll::wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a few of some Nack sprites from Triple Trouble. I'm considering trying to make some out of the Drift 2 stuff and possibly some comic scans but especially in the case of comic scans, it would require some serious tweaking to not look like fish.

Anyway

nackglarehg3.gif

nackrestco0.gif

nacktaunthq5.gif

LT: First two aren't that good, and I already accepted a sub of that 3rd one, only brighter and faced in the other direction. But keep subbing more ideas as long as they're good.

edit: Ah, I see that now back on the 7th page. I don't mind putting extra effort into fixing up a sprite to make it submission worthy, but I'm a bit confused, what was it that's wrong with the sprites? Comparing what I did with the accepted one the other guy made, I notice his is brighter and thus, clearer. Is that all though? You have a better eye so I don't mind asking before I start.

It's a bit difficult because the only sprites of Nack are poor quality gamegear ones in the first place. But I'm not asking for sympathy, just suggestions.

LT: Sega Genesis (possibly Game Gear too) sprites tend to be darker than normal, so they usually need to be brightened a little bit to match up with our typical forum avatars. In the case of Nack above, the sprites are just ugly, so there's nothing you can so about that.

Heroes - Battle of Olympus guy and Mike from Startropics 2:

battle_of_olympus.gifstartropics2_mike.gif

Vehicles - Excitebike and R.C. Pro Am:

excitebike.gifrc_pro_am.gif

Baddies - Agahnim (Zelda 3) and Earthbound's Spiteful Crow:

agahnim.gifeb_spiteful_crow.gif

And some damsels - Lufia and Zelda (SNES):

lufia.gifzelda3.gif

LT: Awesome choices, bro. Took everything except the R.C. Pro-Am car. If you can just brighten that up a little so that it's more along the lines of the other avatars, I'll definitely add that as well. Nice work.

Edit: Like this?

rc_pro_am.gif:arrow:rc_pro_am_brighter.gif

LT: Well played.

Requesting avatar of Hercule Poirot, played by David Suchet in the televised British series about the fictional Belgian detective created by Agatha Christie. The character is just too awesome to pass up. Or not.

Requesting avatar of Hercule Poirot, played by David Suchet in the televised British series about the fictional Belgian detective created by Agatha Christie. The character is just too awesome to pass up. Or not.
7194da7.gif

LT: See CE below. The resize is a little too sharp. Smooth it out more, and it'll have a better chance.

7194da7.gif

Give it a little cleanup and I'm <3

Pleasing backgrounds.

TransmogrifiedCalvintan.gif

TransmogrifiedCalvinlighttan.gif

Thanks again, Coop.

LT: Make the background some sort of pleasing shade of off-white (while not touching Hobbes), and I'll take it.

LT: Change the background color while not touching the white color within Transmogrified Calvin's/Hobbes' body. Keep that part of the image white. The light or dark orange BGs would be aight, since it's Calvin & Hobbes.

I was going to, but I couldn't find any pictures that were very distinct. Well...except for this one. ;)

warakia.gif

"WRYYYYYYY!"

I should probably flip that, actually...

And to answer your question, Gollgagh, Melty Blood is a fighting game based on the Tsukihime universe. It's very Guilty Gear-like in its fast pace, big combos, spectacular super moves, and unique characters. The sprites aren't as high-res as GG's, but the animation is some of the most fluid you've probably ever seen in a fighter game.

EDIT

More:

akiha4.gifakiha2.gifmiyamo.gifnero.gifkohaku2.gif

Accuracy by volume, baby!