Forum Avatars - RIP

Joyzilla

For Unsung Plumber:

Anubis

anubis.gifanubis2.gif

Jehuty

jehuty.gifjehuty2.gif

I had to remove their wings because they were just cluttering the image. With such obscure-shaped bodies, it was difficult to tell what the hell they were with all the background clutter.

LT: Kinda hard to even tell what they are just by looking at them. Shaky on taking 'em. Mind linking to some source images?

For Unsung Plumber:

Anubis

anubis.gifanubis2.gif

Jehuty

jehuty.gifjehuty2.gif

I had to remove their wings because they were just cluttering the image. With such obscure-shaped bodies, it was difficult to tell what the hell they were with all the background clutter.

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Sorry about that.

Those look awesome, Jehuty looks a little strange without the shoulder, but it is correct.

Thanks a lot!

Now let's hope LT likes it.

• 3 weeks later...

Another attempt at a Kinnikuman avatar.

321564564156by8.gif

LT: Is that from one of the games? Looks like it. What's up with the red mask, a different persona? Just interested. Looks like a go.

It's from one of the opening sequences from the TV series.

The mask is just something he likes to wear to look more intimidating. Occasionally he likes to wear different costumes to the ring to gain fan support.

For Unsung Plumber:

Anubis

anubis.gifanubis2.gif

Jehuty

jehuty.gifjehuty2.gif

LT: Kinda hard to even tell what they are just by looking at them. Shaky on taking 'em. Mind linking to some source images?

links to source from my earlier post and in my sig.

Jehuty

Anubis

Giant Photos.

Actually, LT, that Okami avatar has a blank background, so it'll just blend in with whatever's back there. But, I made some gray shades.

okamiavatargray-1.gif

I like the blank one better, personally.

Also, here's my version of Jehuty.

jehutyavatar.gif

And Anubis.

anubisavatar.gif

LT: Looks good, just need some sort of colored background for Anubis, since there's so much empty space. Also mentioning that I tired the first Okami as my custom avatar and it didn't come up as transparent on the silver here, so I'm taking this other one instead.

Actually, LT, that Okami avatar has a blank background, so it'll just blend in with whatever's back there. But, I made some gray shades.

okamiavatargray-1.gif

I like the blank one better, personally.

Also, here's my version of Jehuty.

jehutyavatar.gif

And Anubis.

anubisavatar.gif

Whoa, that's really good. :nicework:

wormguy's ZOE avatars are much better. Don't even bother with mine.

Nice job man!

yours still get a (Imagine nicework guy here) from me.

I tried red and gray, because I couldn't think of anything. Any suggestions?

anubisavatargray.gif

anubisavatarred.gif

And it's cool if you take the gray Okami avatar. It looks fine, and it'll work if the transparency is bugged out.

Also, thanks for the props, folks.

LT: Looked like Cerrax developed a nice orange gradient scheme based off his eye color.

worm: Ha! That's good. I will use that.

How's this color?

anubisavatarorange-1.gif

LT: Too dark IMO, but you're gettin' there.

"All Your Base" Cats from Zero Wing:

ayb_cats.gif

LT: Ha! Genesis sprites tend to be on the dark side. Brighten it a little bit, and it's a go. Awesome cropping choice.

FF6 - Terra in Esper form, plain and with border:

terra_esper_mug.gifterra_esper_mug_border.gif

LT: Border. Excellent!

And do any of these (the Defenders of Dynatron City) look okay / non-ugly enough to be added?

dynatron_heroes.png

LT: Something about those greens and purples is just...[shudders]. Reminds me of the garrish colors of the early '90s. Just 1 and 4, plz, but thanks very much.

Here's your order, sir. One brighter Cats,

ayb_cats.gif --> ayb_cats_2.gif

A Buzzsaw Girl,

dynatron_buzzsaw_girl.gif

And a Ms. Megawatt.

dynatron_ms_megawatt.gif

LT: Pleasure doing business with you sir. You are a boon to this project!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I went ahead a& made this... avatar. I'm not sure if it's what you guys are looking for, but, I was bound to make it some time.

Alex Ross style Joker from Batman comics:

Joker.gif

Is it something we can use?

LT: That specific image, probably not. Can't really see the Joker's face well enough, even if the resolution was sharper. Which it's not for this one.

In any case, you're asking if I'd take a Joker avatar. As long as it was well done, and the image looked nice, I don't see why not.

Hmmm, found a better pic

Joker, Alex Ross style, part second

JokerAV.gif

Good enough?

LT: Nope. Too dark, not sharp enough.

Okay, I did some tweaking, & think i've come up with a better, clearer version of the pic.

Once again, for the very first time! Joker, Alex Ross style!

JokerAR.gif

If this one gets rejected, i'd be more than happy, & mucho appreciative, if someone else gave it a shot. I'd send you the picture & everything!

LT: The brightness is better (might be too bright overall though), but the main thing is that the image needs to be sharper. Couldn't hurt seeing if someone else could try sharpening it.

jokerar2zt2.gif

jokerarfq6.gif

first is slighty sharpenend second one is a little darker and sharpened

LT: 2nd one looks better, but the image isn't really a good avatar to begin with at that size, it's looking like. It's not quite detailed enough; not sure if it's because it's too scaled down. Leaning on not taking it. Perhaps another Joker image could be better.

Double Dragon - Billy Lee jump-kicking:

doubledragon_billy_jumpkick.gif

The Guardian Legend ship:

guardian_legend_ship.gif

Roll à la Mega Man 7:

megaman7_roll.gif

And Poison via Mighty Final Fight:

mightyfinalfight_poison_right.gif

LT: Took Billy (I see lots of people taking that one) and Poison (disturbing sprite, but it turns Prot on; [shrugs]). The GL ship needs a full 32x32 icon with the black background. Cropping it to 25 pixels wide like that looks out of place. The Roll just looks bleh to me, and the waist-up cropping makes it look even more tacky. Interesting choices though, keep it up!

Mirrored the center length of the GL ship to keep it even and centered within the 32-pixel width:

gl_ship.gif

Plus here's Flip-Top (Mega Man 4 and on):

mm_flip-top.gif

And a couple of Rock sprites (Mega Man w/o his suit in some endings):

rock_1.gifrock_2.gif

Also, I was browsing through the thread using Rama's dark skin when I came to this (image-zoomed, pg. 16):

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d13/polo_83/transparency_WTF_1.png

Eerie transparencies, no? Understandable if that's why they weren't taken, except, well, Purim was. So unless you already noticed and grabbed a second sprite of her, LT, here's a fix-up:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d13/polo_83/som_purim.gif

You can test it as your avatar on Rama's dark skin to check. Same goes for armless Quote on page 23:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d13/polo_83/transparency_WTF_2.png

And his respective fix:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d13/polo_83/cs_quote.gif

(Hope Rexy doesn't feel I'm singling her out or something.)

One last nitpick - in the avatar gallery, Drill Man is from Mega Man 4, not 1.

LT: Gracias para todos.

Here are some cute ones from Yoshi's Island:

yoski.gifsnowman.gif

The first one is yoshi jumping on skis, and the second one is a snowman enemy (I think he appears on the same level as the skis, but not sure).

LT: Bueno.

Great! Any plans on sorting those avatars alphabetically? They're a jungle right now. And, er, rougly, how long time until accepted avatars get added so you can use them? Not rushing, I'm pretty happy with the one that I got right now. Just curious. I mean, how often is the avatar folder updated?

nm.gifnmb.gifnmbl.gif

Number muncher!

EDIT: Damn and I totally thought I was the first one to think of that. I can do the troggles easily too I just need opinions on which background color to use (the original is black so that's easiest)

LT: They're all good. Thanks for Muncher and the Troggles, Jared. Took all of them with the black background.