Forum Avatars - RIP

Joyzilla

Bump.

There are so many avatars that I would love to use that have yet to be approved/uploaded.

Agreed.

Mmm... suppose, seeing as how I have decent amounts of free time on my hands every so often, I should see if I can hunt down some new avatars too.

These are all from The World Ends With You (Square-Enix)

[...]

LT: The details are too difficult to see when scaled down this much.

those are actually at-resolution sprites

he just cut the top 32 px of hte sprites for those and there you go

(also left them non-transparent, but that's fixed easily enough)

LT: Oof. That's actually pretty devastating. Forget 'em then. :'-(

Edited by Liontamer
comments

Er, you say you added the Guilty Gear ones, but I honest to god can't find them in the avatar list. They should be listed under the company "Sammy".

Didn't take all of them.

LT: I took a couple, but most of them were resizes that weren't sharp. Some of the sprite-based ones were the only ones that turned out decent. Thanks for what did work though.

Last edited by Liontamer; 06-24-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Found a page with some potential Legend of Dragoon avatars, although I think they're a tad on the big side. Take a look, Liontamer, and if they're high quality enough I'll be glad to resize them.

http://www.animeim.com/buddy-icons/legend-of-dragoon.html

Edit: Okay, I got bored, and edited the four dragoon images. Here they are.

th_RoseAvatar.jpg

th_DartAvatar.jpg

th_LavitzAvatar.jpg

th_AlbertAvatar.jpg

I'll see if I can find images for the others as well.

LT: Nah, they don't look that clear, even at 48 x 48.

It's hard to find decent images for the other dragoons, but here's some of the leading ladies:

th_ShanaAvatar2.jpg

th_ShanaAvatar1.jpg

th_meruavatar1.jpg

th_mirandaavatar2.jpg

I have a closer-up version of Miranda, too, but in my opinion there's too much yellow in it, so I cut hers back a bit to give more white and definition.

LT: Not sharp enough.

Last ones for today, but I thought all the dragoons needed to be represented in my submissions for fairness' sake.

th_kongolnavatar.jpg

th_haschelnavatar.jpg

th_lavitznavatar1.jpg

th_merunavatar1.jpg

Okay, I lied. I made four more, so all the main characters have one in their human forms. Except Albert and Miranda. I'll get around to them eventually.

th_shananavatar.jpg

th_dartnavatar.jpg

th_rosenavatar.jpg

th_lloydnavatar1.jpg

EDIT: Okay, I just realized I'm an asinine fool, and made all those avatars in .jpg format. I've converted them all to .gif format, and I'll link them - and a few others I've made since then - to this post.

Legend of Dragoon

Albert, human

Albert, dragoon

Dart, human

Dart, dragoon

Miranda, dragoon

Lavitz, human

Lavitz, dragoon

Haschel, human

Kongol, giganto

Lloyd

Lenus

Meru, far away

Meru, close up

Shana, human

Shana, dragoon, far away

Shana, dragoon, close up

Rose, human

Rose, dragoon, far away

Rose, dragoon, close up

Final Fantasy 9

Zidane

Vivi 1

Vivi 2

Steiner

Garnet, side

Garnet, front

Quina

Freya

Eiko

Amarant

Shiva

Ramuh

Ifrit

Odin

Final Fantasy Dissidia

Zidane

Kuja

Terra

Terra 2

Final Fantasy Tactics

Agrias Oaks

Ramza Beoulve

Vagrant Story

Ashley Riot

Callo Merlose

Sydney

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

The Major

Hopefully, some of these are usable. For any that aren't, if you can hint at what's not working, I can try to fix them.

LT: Not sharp enough. Took the 2 Vivis and LoD's Haschel. If you post a lot, better to make a ZIP file and properly name the files to indicate both game & character.

Edited by Liontamer
comments

Ugh.. hate GIF... but them's the rules, so here's a few I just made from Mega Man X8. Boss mugs!

AvalancheYeti-1.gif

Avalanche Yeti

BambooPandamonium-1.gif

Bamboo Pandamonium

BurnRooster-1.gif

Burn Rooster

DarkMantis-1.gif

Dark Mantis

The other four now.

EarthrockTrilobyte-1.gif

Earthrock Trilobyte

GigavoltMan-O-War-1.gif

Gigavolt Man-O-War

GravityAntonion-1.gif

Gravity Antonion

OpticSunflower-2.gif

Optic Sunflower

I have the original high-quality PNG versions if someone can make some GIF files from them with better quality than these here. Just so you know.

X7 Boss Mugs now!

SoldierStonekong.gif

Soldier Stonekong

SplashWarfly.gif

Splash Warfly

SnipeAnteator.gif

Snipe Anteator

RideBoarski-1.gif

Ride Boarski (could've sworn it was Hellride Boarski... meh)

The other 4 now.

FlameHyenard.gif

Flame Hyenard

TornadoTonion.gif

Tornado Tonion

VanishingGungaroo.gif

Vanishing Gungaroo

WindCrowrang-1.gif

Wind Crowrang

Once again, the higher quality PNG versions are available if someone could make better looking GIFs out of them than these.

Boarskiex.gif

Here's an alternate Boarski mug.

AxlMug.gif

And Axl, from one of his X8 mugs.

LT: Poorly chosen crops, and the dithering ruins them. No chance anything like this would ever, ever, ever, ever be accepted, to be blunt. You should fix/address issues before spending you time uploading these, because it's a waste of your time.

Edited by Liontamer
comments

You can only use the avatars available to you now. And I'm not sure about the animated ones..

Also, a heads up. I'm gonna start uploading a bunch of Mega Man avvys here; hopefully they're all acceptable...

I hate .gif files...

I'll pm you the password to my photobucket (the guest password, not my account password). They're all there.

preview pic links to set:

those are exactly as the gifs look

honestly I probably should have sharpened most of them up a bit, but I was in a hurry

I'll give em a second over tomorrow

LT: The MMX7 ones suck. Dunno what happened, but they're not sharp at all. The X8s look fine since the dithering didn't destroy them.

Edited by Liontamer
comments

I would imagine they've been disabled some time ago, but somehow I was able to use a custom avatar when I first registered...

Quick question:

Are animated avatars being considered? If so, what would be the file size limit?

Custom avatars are available to select ppl. bLINd recently got one. I think it's posted remixers/staff only, Larry can give you a definitive answer when he comes by this thread. In 2013. ;)

I haven't seen an animated avatar on here. Sig pics, yes, avatars, no. Probably no. Again, Larry for a definitive answer.

--

Gollgagh, they could probably use a touch of sharpen, 2 and 3 look ok; 4, 5, 7 might be sharp enough too, the rest are a bit too blurry for what I imagine Larry accepting. Numbers 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12 and 16 could be a bit brighter.

Edited by Rozovian