Forum Avatars - RIP

Joyzilla

• 1 month later...

Updated my big batch of avatars, now in a single zip titled "ocravatars". All images are gifs and they all stick to the same naming convention (gameabbrev_char.gif). Everything to make things easier (except clearing out the ones already considered, apparently). They're all based on screenshots or official art.

crysis_nomad.gifdkcr_dk1.gifffx_kimahri.gifkh2_kairi.gifl4d_bill.gifmi3_haggis1.gifzss_fi2.gifztp_skullkid.gif

Hey if no-one else is gonna do the album avatars, I can do it.

Edited by Rozovian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
hmm... maybe someone should make avatars for the remaining albums then?

(Rozo should do it!)

Fine.

Done.

Uploading when I feel like it.

:D

Uploaded to the same 275m dir, ocraavs.zip. One avatar for each album except SDB, which has two.

LT: Used most of them, but not anything with blurriness or recognizability issues. Nice work! :nicework:

Edited by Liontamer
comments

• 1 month later...

I dunno, I downloaded the ocraavs.zip or whatever from this thread that had the avatars, and the teen agent one was the same... so it seems likely that either it was gotten from there by whoever does avatars, or someone had the same idea. :-P Anyway thanks to whoever made it :-D And the new ones had not been added yet when I turned on my TA avatar. So, only a few more to go and it happened pretty quick.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't mind the lack of custom avatars, as it makes it so that the existing avatars are all consistent, and similarly sized.

What I do mind is that it has been over a year and 5 months since I posted that VVVVVV avatar (want want want want want want).

Captain Viridian from VVVVVV

VVVVVVicon.gif

Anywho, back to lurking.

LT: Back to lurking. We'll see when you notice your avatar change. :-)

Edited by Liontamer
comments

I don't mind the lack of custom avatars, as it makes it so that the existing avatars are all consistent, and similarly sized.

What I do mind is that it has been over a year and 5 months since I posted that VVVVVV avatar (want want want want want want).

Anywho, back to lurking.

Every time someone complains about the delays with the avatars, Larry sets it back 3 months.

So no complaining!

(seriously though be patient, this really is a low-priority thing unfortunately)

• 10 months later...
Would it be too selfish to slap some BS up in hea'? bs.gif

LT: The custom logo's too blurry.

It's based on this: bs.png

I don't think there'd be a way to unblur it since it has fine, small lines but I might need to come up with a better "letter logo" and come back to you on that. Gotta get something definitive and.. and good..

Thanks for the old edit there, had to go back and see and was surprised! I'm gonna go look for that WWP globe and see if it made it in.

mcclaneavvy.gif

John McClane from the lesser-known Japan-only TurboGrafx-16 Die Hard game.

LT: Cool. Never heard of that game until now.

I hadn't heard of the game until I saw a translation patch for it... and the McClane sprite was 32x32 so I thought I'd post it up.

Plus, it's a hilarious sprite. Not sure if you actually used it or not though (couldn't find it myself XD)

LT: Misc. Games

Edited by Liontamer
comments

fuzzyrev.giffuzzy.giffuzzy2.giffuzzyrev2.gif

This is just too cute not to have. It's a "fuzzy" from Super Mario World. Not the best-known enemy from that game, I know. I'm including mirrors (this is the in-game animation - repeatedly mirroring the sprite) and 2 different zooms. Take your pick. I know the white eyes blend into the white background here, but they should look okay on the grey post headers. I hope. And if not:

fuzzybgrev.giffuzzybg.gif

If necessary, I can put the smaller ones on green background too, but it wouldn't be as much fun.

LT: We'll see how the very first one turns out on the background.

On the green background, you mean?

Also, yay, more mascots!

LT: This guy: fuzzyrev.gif

Edited by Liontamer
comments

• 1 month later...

I was shocked when I realized that there were Mega Man Robot Masters missing from the avatar list.

Profiles: BusterRodG.gifMegaWaterS.gifHyperStormH.gif

Sprites: Busterrodsprite.gifMegawatersprite.gifHyperstormsprite.gif

Given that the sprite for Hyper Storm H didn't come out so well (because he's HUGE), I won't be offended if only the profile pics end up in the list.

Sadly, it won't be in time for 4B2C, but oh well. Next time.

LT: None of those came out well, including the profiles. The first 2 sprites seem sharp enough, but need to be brightened. There's a lot of messyness and degradation with the other 4. Perhaps link to a page with the sprite sheets and ask others to give it a go.

Edited by Liontamer
comments

OK, here's a shot at improvements. Two options with different interpolation methods. If you like either of them, let me know and I'll do the rest the same way. If you don't, tell me which you prefer and I'll work on improving them in that direction.

MWS_scaled-Sinc.gifMWS_scaled-cubic.gif

Fullsize original, opaque version for comparison:

MWS_fullsize.png

Edited by MindWanderer

Anywho, back to lurking.

LT: Back to lurking. We'll see when you notice your avatar change. :-)

Gosh, I'm a week late for my yearly avatar-thread-check and look what happens. That'll show me.

• 3 weeks later...

twewy32x32.gif

The Player's Pin from The World Ends With You. A rather important icon overall within the game, it even shows up as the icon when you're booting the game up.

So here ya go.

LT: Need some transparency action there. Possibly sharper resolution as well.

Edited by Liontamer
comments