Forum Avatars - RIP

Joyzilla

^ Those are pretty good. And I need to find some time to work on my Chrono Cross bunch. :cry:

EDIT:

Procrasinated on my essay for these:

Daedalus, Icarus, and Helios (in order) from Deus Ex.

daedalus1mp.gificarus1nl.gifhelios8aw.gif

LT: First one looks ok, though maybe a little too dark. But it works, so it's fine. The other two don't even look like anything. Not enough detail due to the shrinking.

LT: First one looks ok, though maybe a little too dark. But it works. the other two don't even look like anything. Not enough detail due to the shrinking.

They were all direct screenshots from the game which explains the darkness.

Yeah and the last two are really just symbols of some minor characters in the game and I did have to crop most of it off to get it the way it is.

enemy01.gif
mmmmh, this pic isn't a good one to resize.

my best result:

Rhino1.gif

it looks highly below the standars to me :(

LT: It's not that it looks crappy, it just that there's no point in doing the avatar without the rocket itself being in there. And at that point, the shrinking would be too great.

Someone asked for Commender Keen... well, the character himself is hard to make, but I made some misc avatars from that game:

CKEagle.gifCKLindsey.gifCKMushroom.gifCKSlug.gifCKBounder.gif

also, there is already an avatar from Commander Keen (cmdrkeen.gif)

---

Currently in my ToDo list: misc. characters from SNK fighting games (King Of Fighters, Samurai Shodown, Fatal Fury). More at 11.

LT: Took the last two. Thanks.

Cherry_MicroMachines.gifWalter_MicroMachines.gifAnnie_MicroMachines.gifChen_MicroMachines.gifSpider_MicroMachines.gifjoelmicromachines8pd.gifjethromicromachines4ev.gifdwaynemicromachines2zz.gifbonniemicromachines6nw.gif

Micro Machines for the NES (yay for diversity)

warsmanmuscle7sk.gifTerrryMan_MUSCLE.gifBlocken_MUSCLE.gifMuscleMan_MUSCLE.gifAshuraMan_MUSCLE.gifBuffaloMan_MUSCLE.gifRobinmask_MUSCLE.giframenmanmuscle7dy.gif

M.U.S.C.L.E. (character names included in file name)

Haggar_MightyFinalFight.gifCody_MightyFinalFight.gifguymightyfinalfight3ml.gif

Haggar, Cody, and Guy from Mighty Final Fight

Chip_RescueRangersNES.gifdalerescuerangersnes2vt.gif

Chip 'n Dale

littlenemo0ub.giffliplittlenemo0ir.gif

Little Nemo and Flip

drcossacmegaman43bn.gif

Dr. Cossack logo from Mega Man 4

MasterHigginsSkateboard_AdventureIsland.gifMasterHiggins_AdventureIsland.gifMasterHigginsDinosaur_AdventureIsland.gif

Adventure Island II

LT: I only took some stuff from Micro Machines & Muscle. Some of the Micro Machine ones are the fugly, and some of the MUSCLE ones are colored so that they don't stand out enough from the white background. I also only took Higgin's dinosaur, since the Higgin's sprites either blend too much with the background or cut off. The rest are excellent, thanks.

I am honestly surprised that this image isn't already on the site, nor has been submitted in this thread:

smbmush8ib.gif

(The original Super Mario Bros. mushroom.)

And for kicks, the "poison mushroom" from SMB2j:

smbpoisonmush2wf.gif

LT: Oooh, I saw Yack's "Doubt" from the Metal Black AST in your sig. Nice choice. Anyway, good stuff with the shrooms.

Some sprites... Mario & Friends...

Yoshi1.gifYoshi2.gifYoshi3.gifYoshi4.gifYoshi5.gifYoshi6.gifYoshi7.gifYoshi8.gifYoshi9.gifYoshiA.gifYoshiB.gifYoshiC.gifYoshi99.gif

LT: All but the last Yoshi.

Koopa1.gifKoopa9.gifNakedKoopa.gifNakedKoopa2.gif

LT: Just the first regular Koopa Troopa.

Kamek1.gifGoomba7.gifdkBanana.gifBomb9.gifBabyBowser.gifBabyMario.gif

LT: Kamek, baby Mario and baby Bowser.

LadyKoopaPipe.gifLemmyKoopa.gifMario8.gifMarioBike1.gifPrincessBike.gifShell.gifShyGuyFly.gifsmwNoteBlock.gif

LT: Mario jumping, Peach on the bike, and the music note block.

Something.gifSomething2.gifSomething3.gifSomething4.gifSomething5.gifSomething6.gifSomething7.gifSomething8.gifSomething9.gif

LT: All except Ludvig.

Toad1.gifToadBike.gifToadTrumpet.gifWario01.gifYoshiMailbox.gif

LT: Just Wario.

... and Billy Kane from Fatal Fury Special

BillyKane.gif

LT: Not smooth or detailed enough; looks like a poor resize.

ENJOY! :D

--- edit for updates ---

Yagyu Jubei, from Samurai Shodown 2

Jubei1.gif

LT: Nice.

Tumblepop!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Right click -> Upload them all

Tumblepop1.gifTumblepop2.gifTumblepop3.gifTumblepop4.gifTumblepop5.gifTumblepop6.gifTumblepop7.gifTumblepop8.gifTumblepop9.gifTumblepopA.gifTumblepopB.gif

LT: Just the first one. Don't need more than one.

Bubble Bobble: we already have Bob, we should have also Bub:

Bubble9.gif

LT: Long overdue.

Athena Asamiya, from Psycho Soldier (her first appeareance! in 1987!)

Athena(PsychoSoldier).gif

LT: Weak sprite.

--- edit again (much love for the Sega Master System) ---

QuartetMary.gif

PsychoFoxHippopotamus.gifPsychoFoxTiger.gif

SteveJumpKick.gif

LT: Weak sprites. Would have taken the Tiger if it's arm didn't look weird.

Fixed what was requested and made some new ones! Tried to make them all nice and bright.

Bomberman:

bomb5gb.gif

bomber4vu.gif

LT: Just took the second.

Final Fantasy IV:

ff28ft.gif

ff217ws.gif

ff224kz.gif

ff234ik.gif

LT: Cool.

Final Fantasy VI:

ff3cactuar4up.gif

ff3kappa3uf.gif

LT: Yep.

Final Fantasy VII:

tifa0az.gif

tifa3yn.gif

LT: Took the darker red one, I believe. One of 'em anyway, obviously no need for both.

Guilty Gear:

ggdizzy29xi.gif Dizzy

LT: A butterface. Nah, I'm sure there are better pic choices.

Mario Kart:

yoshi3ke.gif

LT: Of course.

Puyo Puyo:

arle5eb.gif Arle

LT: Why not.

SMB:

bowser22wu.gif Made the background black but it looks pretty cruddy.

LT: My suggestion would be to add a gold border around the edge of the pic, and shrink and center Boswer so none of him touches the border except his feet.

Space Harrier:

spaceharrier20wc.gif

LT: Would make no sense if I hadn't seen the game once.

Street Fighter 3:

chunli3bf.gif Chun-Li

ibuki1oc.gif Ibuki

poison1nn.gif Poison

LT: For some reason, the scaling doesn't look 1:1. I think the pics look vertically squished. If not, make it 1:1. If so, add a solid background color, as the transparency somehow doesn't make it look right.

Tetris:

tetris7fm.gif

LT: Cool. Can you provide any other letters in different colors?

I've had a try at some, but so far I could just come up with Klonoa and Crash Bandicoot. :? If I have time I'll be able to find more and put them up for trying out.

[EDIT: Updated with Pikachu (Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire), Sora and Riku (Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories), Hamtaro, the girl and sprite from Secret of Mana, some long overdue coverage for SMB1 Mario (normal and super forms; take your pick), Eri from Metal Slug 2 (can anyone do Tarma? Most of the sprites I found for him were only just too big O.o), Curly and Balrog (Cave Story) and some Tetris blocks to compliment what Evilhead has already posted (separated to the line below).]

iconklonoa6hi.gifcrashicon7sq.gifpikachu4za.gifsora9tx.gifriku8mg.gifhamtaro8sd.gifpurim3gj.gifpopoie1iq.gifmario1right12sh.gifmario2right17pb.giferistrikelowhkick0023ly.gifcurly2ik.gifbalrog2mu.gif

piece133gh.gifpiece227gq.gifpiece413zh.gifpiece518fx.gifpiece615td.gifpiece727ic.gif

(Mostly) Gameboy sprite hunting for the win. O.o

LT: Some are too small or too dark. No point in some of these being so small though you probably can't help it given some are from the Gameboy. Klonoa, too small. Crash, too ugly, and I'm sure there's a better pic. Pikachu, too small. KH guys are ok. Hamtaro, too dark, not to mention hell naw. Just Purim from SoM. Get Super Mario in a better pose (standing, jumping). Took Eri and Curly. I spit on Balrog. Tetris blocks are TINY, no good. Use the 32x32 dimensions as best as possible. Thanks for the ones chosen so far.

*sprites*

More Mario action:

SMKMario.gifLuigi1.gifMarioBurnt.gifLuigiYoshi.gifLuigi5.gif

Viruses from Dr.Mario:

MarioVirus1.gifMarioVirus2.gifMarioVirus3.gif

Back To The Future!

BttfBiff.gifBttfMarty.gif

Aladdin:

Aladdin.gif

Samurai Shodown 2:

GenAn.gifHaohmaru.gifUkyo.gifNicotine.gifEarthquake.gifGenjuro.gifNakoruru.gifWan-Fu.gifKyoshiro.gif

Ranma ½:

Ranma12.gif

Wonder Boy In Monster Land (and an enemy):

WonderBoy1.gifWonderBoyMushroom.gif

Doom:

Medipack.gifSchoolbag.gifBluething.gifGreenthing.gifDoomEye.gifLittleThing.gif.gif

Pengo:

Pengo1.gifPengo2.gif

Vegeta:

Vegeta1.gifVegeta2.gif

*screen catches*

Youko Kurama, Hiei, from Yu Yu Hakusho: KuramaYouko.gifHiei20.gif

Miroku, Kagura, Rin, Inuyasha, from Inuyasha: Miroku1.gifKagura.gifRin2.gifInuyasha10.gif

LT: Took the Dr. Mario viruses and Earthquake & Genjuro from Samurai Shodown 2. The rest, me no likey. Mostly too pixely or cruddy looking.