Forum Avatars - RIP

Joyzilla

I made another one, just because I was playing it a couple days ago...

AHominidAvatar.gif

LT: I can't even tell what it is, per se, but sure. Probably just because I've never played it. Some alien holding a...jar. Let's assume of olive oil. Is this even a ripped sprite in the first place?

You've never played Alien Hominid I take it? That would be the main character, holding his gun. Here's the image I shrunk down and cleaned up... a lot. And yes, this is official art. The game originally started out as a single level Flash game, but it was later made into a full blown game for consoles that retained it's Flash-based graphics...

alien_hominid.jpg

I added in the second antenna on the little guy. Accidentally forgot it the first time, so here's the slightly updated one...

AHominidAvatar2.gif

LT: No problem. As far as video games, never touch the stuff.

Starting from top left going right:

David Cross from TV's Mr. Show, musician H.P. Baxxter of Scooter, Dean from the movie FUBAR, Hooper from the movie Jaws, The Mighty Peking Man from the movie of the same name

Commander from Mighty Peking Man, Peter from Dawn of the Dead (1978), Roger from DOTD(1978), Leonard from movie Memento, Steven from DOTD(1978)

Stinger from movie Top Gun, Terry from movie FUBAR.

asshole.jpgbaxxter.jpgdean.jpghooper.jpgmpm.jpg

orders.jpgpeter.jpgroger.jpgshelby.jpgsteven.jpg

stinger.jpgterry.jpg

Someone make an avatar out of this (zombie from Lucio Fulci's Zombi 2 AKA Zombie):

zombie_cover.jpg

And MOST OF ALL (my msn picture, wrestler Razor Ramon):

razor_sm.jpg

anu suggestions on how to sharped better cause the sharpen tool in fireworks is what I've been using

If its from some old game system like SNES, Genesis, NES, etc. You can reduce the color palette to 256 colors (or 16 depending on the system). Also, if its a size reduction, use nearest neighbor interpolation instead of bicubic or bilinear.

anu suggestions on how to sharped better cause the sharpen tool in fireworks is what I've been using

If its from some old game system like SNES, Genesis, NES, etc. You can reduce the color palette to 256 colors (or 16 depending on the system). Also, if its a size reduction, use nearest neighbor interpolation instead of bicubic or bilinear.

Gifs only go up to 256 colors, and for something like re-sizing, I'd personally stay away from "Nearest Neighbor". My reasoning is, that while Bicubic and Bilinear may make an image or a sprite blurry, Nearest Neighbor actually throws out pixel data. This makes reconstruction a lot harder, because at least some (if not a lot) of what you're working on just essentially vanished. At least with Bilinear and Bicubic, you can go in, clean up the image and redraw areas with the pencil tool so they're clearer... and you'd have a fuzzy guide remaining for what and where things are.

'Kay, now wondering how to do transparency in MS Paint. Help, anyone?

LT: AFAIK, I don't believe it supports transparency. MS Paint's a terrible program for saving/making GIFs regardless. Even Paint Shop Pro, IMO, is pretty bad at resizing. I'd just stick with Photoshop myself.

I'd like to request updated versions of several avatars.

The Breath of Fire 2 sprites all need to be brightened up:

bof2_spar1.gifbof2_ryu.gifbof2_randshaman.gifbof2_ryuchild.gifbof2_rand.gifbof2_ninashaman.gifbof2_nina1.gifbof2_kattshaman.gifbof2_katt.gifbof2_bowshaman.gifbof2_stenshaman.gifbof2_jeanshaman.gifbof2_sparshaman3.gifbof2_sten1.gifbof2_jean.gifbof2_sparshaman2.gifbof2_sparshaman1.gifbof2_bow.gifbof2_bleu.gif

Need transparency on these:

a3sakura.gifpinhead.gif

The Street Fighter Alpha 3 fan-art avatars suck, IMO. Can anyone make some good ones with either all transparency OR all with added background colors from these? http://www.sfgalleries.net/art/sfa3/series2/

Or simply crop appropriately and make ones based off these, provided they don't look bad with a resize: http://www.sfgalleries.net/art/st-gba/portraits/

SF3:3rd Strike or Alpha 1 anyone? Colored background would likely have to be added for 3S:

http://www.sfgalleries.net/art/sf3/sf3-3s/series1/

http://www.sfgalleries.net/art/sfa/series1/

Need transparency on these:

a3sakura.gifpinhead.gif

K

a3sakura.gifpinhead.gif

LT: LOAL!

edit:

Morrigan01.gifGuile01.gifDan01.gifChunLi01.gif

Morrigan, Guile, Dan, Chun Li. any suggestions for the background?

LT: The Guile one is probably no good; that's just because the source picture sucks, so don't worry about that. Make the Chun-Li, 32x32 please. If you're gonna make a series, everything should be the same dimensions.

Just choose colors that make sense when thinking about the characters. Dan would get the pink color from his costume, Chun-Li would get the blue from hers, Guile the green from his, Morrigan, probably purple from her suit.

No prob LT. I did a little more adjusting to them so they stood out a bit more. Here's the whole lot of them...

bof2_bleu_A.gifbof2_bow_A.gifbof2_bowshaman_A.gifbof2_jean_A.gifbof2_jeanshaman_A.gifbof2_katt_A.gifbof2_kattshaman_A.gifbof2_nina1_A.gifbof2_ninashaman_A.gifbof2_rand_A.gifbof2_randshaman_A.gifbof2_ryu_A.gifbof2_ryuchild_A.gifbof2_spar1_A.gifbof2_sparshaman1_A.gifbof2_sparshaman2_A.gifbof2_sparshaman3_A.gifbof2_sten1_A.gifbof2_stenshaman_A.gif

LT: Excellent, bro. You're right, these looks even better than the first revision. Thanks a lot for brightening these up. When I selected these last time and saw them as a group, they all looked good, but I didn't notice how dark they were until comparing them to other avatars. This fixes them up nicely!

Okay, my last two submissions, because I won't have any more access from my computer.

The DOOM Skull:skull4cd.gif

A funny sprite of Link:link3lg.gif

LT: Pass on both. Skull is too small, and would look better with a background rather than a transparency effect, though I doubt it would look good enough to use. Link is a decent idea, but I don't like the bug-eyes.

LT]

LT: Pass on both. Skull is too small, and would look better with a background rather than a transparency effect, though I doubt it would look good enough to use. Link is a decent idea, but I don't like the bug-eyes.

But that's what was so funny about it...

Do we have any Secret of Mana avatars, besides the main character?