Forum Avatars - RIP

Joyzilla

Like cleaned up, or redone?

Edit:Well, Coop posted the fixes about three seconds before I did, so how about these?

cloud2wf.giftifa3oz.gifaeris6fv.gif

Any better?

LT: Absolutely. These all make great replacements; much better quality, thanks.

Edit #2: Soooo, Lando.

Okay these are my first tries evar at shriking photos down to avatar size, so tell me what I'm doing wrong.

lando24si.giflando36ru.gif

LT: Took the first one. The second one is actually too dark, but I know the source picture, so that's not really your fault. I was actually looking for a redone version of the current Lando avatar, but Mythril has no idea where he got it from the first time.

N: thank you for merging my triple post. now I don't feel guilty anymore :)

a3sakura.gif (transparency fix)

pinhead.gif (transparency fix)

You forgot, I already fixed them.

LT: Ha! That time, I thought you just quoted them so that the existing ones would merely LOOK transparent because they were on a white background. My fault.

PahntasyStar1.gifPahntasyStar2.gifPahntasyStar3.gif

LT: Excellent job on these, they look very high-quality.

Thank you :)

Also, still accepting requests. I give up on the Street Fighter ones anyway, they're too hard to do.

------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for double posting, but there's something important I want to tell Larry, I was looking in the current gallery, and guess what?

ps2nei.gifps2rolf.gifps2udo.gif

We already had them...

Coop's ones are better anyway, I guess you can replace the old ones.

LT: I know, that's specifically why I asked for them. We'll see if djp prefers the revisions of the old ones, or the more close-up style pictures.

------------------------------------------------------

Triple posting. I'm feeling guilty. :oops:

I ran a search in the ReMix archive, it seems that Chrono Trigger is the most remixed game. So people is going to get Chrono Trigger avatars. For characters who already had an avatar (e.g. Crono) I tried to do something new. Let me know, I think there is almost everything here:

ctAtropos.gifctAzala.gifctBelthasar.gifctCrono1.gifctCrono2.gifctCyrus.gifctDalton.gifctGaspar.gifctGnawer.gifctGoblin.gifctImps.gifctJohhny.gifctLavos.gifctLucca.gifctMagus.gifctMasa.gifctMelchior.gifctMisc1.gifctMisc2.gifctMisc3.gifctMisc4.gifctMisc5.gifctMisc6.gifctMisc7.gifctMisc8.gifctMisc9.gifctMotherbrain.gifctMune.gifctNaga.gifctNu.gifctOcto.gifctOzzie.gifctPolly.gifctSonOfSun.gifctZeal.gif

LT: I took most of the ones that were important characters and looked easily identifiable. Some of the minor-looking stuff and random non-character objects were passed over. Don't need a flowerpot. Can any CT fan identify what Misc1, Misc3, and Misc9 are? 9 might be Uematsu, but I wouldn't know.

N: it seems that they are portraits of some code developers, as a sort of Easter Egg (as well as Misc4). I'm not sure about this anyway, you should wait for more replies. You know who can help you? King of Pillows, on OLR. He has one of these as his avatar there, he probably knows the truth.

And the flowerpot is true art. :lol:

Also, other stuff.

Enemies from Bubble Bobble:

bbEnemy1.gifbbEnemy2.gif or bbEnemy1t.gifbbEnemy2t.gif

(I prefer with the black background)

LT: Only took the first enemy with a transparent background (the other one didn't look good either way). When using solid backgrounds with no bordering, it's best not to have some images touching the border of the image.

N: I know, that's why I added a border when I did the Dig Dug ones some time ago. This time I couldn't do that because the whale is 32x30 and there's no room for a border. I could use the original sprite (16x15, I resized it to make it look bigger), but it would be too small.

Main character and enemies from Rainbow Islands:

RainbowIslands1.gifRainbowIslands2.gifRainbowIslands3.gif

LT: Ugly sprites, no thanks.

Batman's Logo:

BatmanLogo.gif

LT: Not really a good resize, plus it should be centered in a 32x32 box.

Some new sprites!

the Blues Brothers:

bluesCop.gifJake01.gif

LT: Nah.

Dragon Warrior:

DragonWarrior1.gifDragonWarrior2.gifDragonWarrior3.gifDragonWarrior4.gifDragonWarrior5.gifDragonWarrior6.gif

LT: Took most.

the King of Fighters, 97:

kof97BenimaruNikaido.gifkof97BillyKane.gifkof97BlueMary.gifkof97ChangKoehan.gifkof97MaiShiranui.gifkof97RalfJones.gifkof97RobertGarcia.gifkof97RyoSakazaki.gifkof97ShingoYabuki.gifkof97SieKensou.gifkof97TerryBogard.gif

I can do all of the ones from KoF97, just let me know if you like the style so I won't waste time. Also, I can already see Sir Nuts using the Robert Garcia one (lol).

LT: Too small. We already have more full-sized KoF avatars. Any other newer ones need to follow that style.

some random Mega Man game:

MegaMan001.gif

LT: Sure, why not.

Money Puzzle Exchanger (one of the best underrated games in the world, imo. it deserves more audience):

mpeCherryBeiter.gifmpeCoquetry.gifmpeDebtmiser.gifmpeEldylabor.gifmpeEveryworker.gifmpeExchanger.gifmpeMacker.gifmpeMightdealer.gif

LT: Took the "Every worker". Rest are too chibi oogly.

Pacman (from Pac Land):

PacLand.gif

LT: Nah. Lame pose.

Shock Troopers (another underrated masterpiece, imo):

stBigMama.gifstJackal.gifstLoki.gifstMarieBee.gifstMaru.gifstMilky.gifstRio.gifstSouthernCross.gif

LT: Took the decent looking ones, ditched the rest.

Wolfenstein's guy:

Wolfenstein1.gif edit: now with transparency: Wolfenstein1t.gif

LT: Transparency, excellent.

... and Tsunade, from Kabuki Klash:

Tsunade.gif THIS MUST BE ADDED SO I CAN HAVE SEX WITH HER PIC (or at least use it as my avatar)

LT: Get the resolution sharper and I'll add it.

I took most of the ones that were important characters and looked easily identifiable. Some of the minor-looking stuff and random non-character objects were passed over. Don't need a flowerpot. Can any CT fan identify what Misc1, Misc3, and Misc9 are? 9 might be Uematsu, but I wouldn't know.
it seems that they are portraits of some code developers, as a sort of Easter Egg (as well as Misc4). I'm not sure about this anyway, you should wait for more replies. You know who can help you? King of Pillows, on OLR. He has one of these as his avatar there, he probably knows the truth.

And the flowerpot is true art. :lol:

Yeah, King of Pillows's avatar is Yuji Horji (Misc1). Misc3 and Misc9 are Kazuhiko Aoki and Hironobu Sakaguchi. For reference, Misc4 is Akira Toriyama, but there's no sign of Uematsu's respective sprite (which looks a lot like Norstein Bekkler to me).

Rexy, is this the pose you did of Popoi popoifront3bi.gif ?

LT: I passed this up last time? I can see why. I had mercy on you though, I'll let it's ugly design in there.

Other Mana images:

Poto: petpoto40gj.gif

Rabite: petrabitesw0os.gif

Mushboom/Myconid: petmushboom43uk.gif

Duelle the Onion warrior: duelles2ak.gif

LT: I took the onion one. The rest are too dark and need to be brightened up to match the brightness of most of the avatars. They're rather ugly characters anyway, so forget 'em.

I can flip/whatever if needed.

More when I get back.

Also, I'm still accepting requests if there is anyone who wants a specific avatar. Right now I'm doing either:

1. games that I like
  2. games with plenty of oc remixes (like Chrono Trigger, I never played it)

Gollgagh, did you get those sprites (besides the Sprite) from Legend of Mana?

I would like to request the sky dragon from that game (it's a regular monster, not a boss), but I think I would be the only one who might use it.

Maybe if I just request more Legend of Mana sprites in general? There don't appear to be many/any available.

Suikoden isn't easy, I'll try something later.

I have some updates anyway.

Sky Dragon from Legend of Mana:

LoM_SkyDragon.gif

LT: Too indistinct. The dragon doesn't stand out from the background and the space looks too empty.

Random stuff from Lufia (I never played it so I can't name these):

Lufia05.gifLufia06.gifLufia07.gifLufia08a.gifLufia08b.gifLufia08c.gifLufia09.gifLufia10.gifLufia11.gifLufia12.gifLufia13a.gifLufia13b.gifLufia14a.gifLufia14b.gifLufia14c.gifLufia14d.gifLufia14e.gifLufia14f.gifLufia14g.gifLufia14h.gifLufia14i.gifLufia14j.gifLufia14k.gifLufia15a.gifLufia15b.gifLufia15c.gifLufia16.gifLufia17.gifLufia19.gifLufia_04.gif

LT: Took what I felt were the best looking ones of the group.

Lunar (again, random stuff):

Lunar01.gifLunar02.gifLunar03.gifLunar04.gif

LT: Didn't take the first one. Rest are good.

Monkey Island (guess what?):

MonkeyIsland1.gifMonkeyIsland2.gifMonkeyIsland3.gifMonkeyIsland4.gif

LT: Just the sailor-style guy.

And an old man from some game:

OldMan.gif

LT: No game, no go. Just kidding. I saw he's DQ6. Still a crappy sprite though.

edit: would these be allowed for Suikoden?

.png

LT: Sure, some of them. Ugly sprites though, they practically all look misshappen; it's the way thay stand. Poop on whoever designed the characters to look so ugly.

also, I'm working on some Terranigma right now. I'll post them later.

Also, I swear that old man looks familiar but I can't pin a name on it. Where did you find him?
I did a quick search, he's from Dragon Quest 6.

Oh, here is some Terranigma. Another game I never played, so filenames are messed up again.

terra02.gifterra03.gifterra04.gifterra05.gifterra05b.gifterra06.gifterra07.gifterra07b.gifterra08.gifterra09.gifterra10.gifterra10b.gifterra10c.gifterra10d.gifterra11.gifterra11b.gifterra11c.gifterra12.gifterra13.gifterra13b.gifterra14.gifterra14b.gifterra14c.gifterra14d.gifterra15.gifterra15b.gifterra15c.gifterra15d.gifterra15e.gifterra16.gifterra16b.gifterra16c.gifterra17.gifterra17b.gifterra17c.gifterra18.gifterra19.gifterra19b.gifterra20.gifterra21.gifterra22.gifterra23.gifterra26.gifterra27.gifterra97.gifterra98.gifterra99.gif

LT: Took 4 or 5 of 'em. Most of them are just bland, generic characters, so I took a few that I felt people would actually decide to use.

Also, I swear that old man looks familiar but I can't pin a name on it. Where did you find him?
I did a quick search, he's from Dragon Quest 6.

No wonder why he looked familiar: he looks almost like the priests in the NES titles. :P Anyway, yes, I still need to patch DQ5 and 6 and get around to playing those. Nice catch.

^^

YES! OMG Why didn't I think of that?! Yes!

Dhsu: I tried to get some characters from GGX but even the sprites I used (which were direct rips not resizes) were very pixelated and bad. If anybody could help me make them look better I will gladly rework them. I'd love to have some Guilty Gear X avatars!

I tried a few from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

D

vampd1.gifvampd2.gifvampd3.gifvampd4.gifvampd5.gif

Meier Link

meier1.gifmeier2.gifmeier3.gifmeier4.gif

Leila

leila1.gifleila2.gif

Grove

grove1.gifgrove2.gif

Charlotte

charolette1.gifcharolette2.gif

Carmilla

carmilla1.gif

LT: Took the first ones of D, Meier and Leila. The first Grove is too dark, though I dunno if he'd look any better if brighter. Carmilla should be sharper and better centered. Only try to improve those two. The rest are bleh.

a few quick ones submitted for your (dis)approval from Little Samson for the NES

dragon23ob.gifdragon1oe.gif

golem28ot.gifgolem30mg.gifgolem7xl.gif

samson22qw.gifsamson6bu.gif

LT: Just the very last Samson.

and a quicky Pheonix Wright

pheonixwright8yv.gif

I know that one sucks (the best I can do is sprite ripping), so if anyone feels like a go at some Pheonix Wright avatars, there's some mugshots of several characters here.

LT: Yeah, not to shit on this, but a better/cleaner resize is definitely possible here. Someone check out that link Solo gave and see what they can do.