OCR02707 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) "Can't Boss Us Around (Robot Anarchists from Hell Mix)"

djpretzel

I won't lie' date=' this remix isn't exactly conventional in the way it was executed, but Emunator, Flexstyle and myself are praying that you higher forms of life will enjoy the remix :D[/quote']

Actually, I do specifically recall saying "screw what they think, I'm doing my own thing with this overhaul here." :tomatoface: Turns out, this is one of my favorites off the album, probably because it's something so radically different from what I'd done for the rest of the project. A healthy dose of "ain't care" went into my side on this one, just because my goal was to do something DIFFERENT, rather than try and polish what was in place already.

Alright, I’m going to just say it….I like both this mix and the original mix of this theme. It seems like everyday I go back and forth on which one I like better. But for this mix, I do like the electronic elements used to enhance the track here, and this sounds more like the actual fight, whereas the original sounded more like a pre-fight theme, if that makes any sense to anyone. Both themes are great, so score another win for the bad guys. Great debut for HoboKa and another great ReMix under Flexstyle's belt as well.

Actually, I do specifically recall saying "screw what they think, I'm doing my own thing with this overhaul here." :tomatoface: Turns out, this is one of my favorites off the album, probably because it's something so radically different from what I'd done for the rest of the project. A healthy dose of "ain't care" went into my side on this one, just because my goal was to do something DIFFERENT, rather than try and polish what was in place already.

And different is good; don't want OCR to become too mainstream now do we? =p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02707 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) "Can't Boss Us Around (Robot Anarchists from Hell Mix)"