"Rags of Fire" (Castlevania - Heart of Fire)

Chlysm

Never even attempted a remix before, but I had an idea of taking Castlevania's Heart of fire and applying a ragtime(ish) feel to it.

This is only brief clip, I just wanna know if this track might have something going for it.

As for the part at the end. I wasn't sure if it sounded better with octaves or chords when I made it.

In hindsight, I think the chords sound better.

No need to sugarcoat anything.

Edited by Chlysm

First off you should always link the source tune(s) so people have a reference ;)

I know the tune though.

It's really too short a clip to tell much arrangement-wise, but I think a ragtime feel would be interesting. I know harpsichords don't really have much dynamic capability, but the pianoish keyboard sound could use a little humanization (dynamic and timing variance).

The best thing to do when starting out with your first remix is to just have a blast. Don't worry too much about making the perfect arrangement with the perfect production, just have fun with it and make something you love. Most, if not all of the people who've had things posted on OCR, started exactly where you are now. Just make something you enjoy, and if others enjoy it as well that's just an extra bonus.

First off you should always link the source tune(s) so people have a reference ;)

I know the tune though.

It's really too short a clip to tell much arrangement-wise, but I think a ragtime feel would be interesting. I know harpsichords don't really have much dynamic capability, but the pianoish keyboard sound could use a little humanization (dynamic and timing variance).

The best thing to do when starting out with your first remix is to just have a blast. Don't worry too much about making the perfect arrangement with the perfect production, just have fun with it and make something you love. Most, if not all of the people who've had things posted on OCR, started exactly where you are now. Just make something you enjoy, and if others enjoy it as well that's just an extra bonus.

Will do.

I do suppose it is a bit short. I just didn't want to invest too much time into something that may or may not work out.

But listening to some other ragtime pieces has given me some more ideas.