Mega Man X - Upgrade/Capsule Remix - Encapsulated

It is bare. The intro phaser didn't really connect too well with 0:07.

You don't have a lead until 1:07, and that's almost 1/3 of the remix already. Yes, you do have reverb, but reverb alone isn't going to fill any soundscapes. You need to fill in open frequencies with instruments that meaningfully contribute to the soundscape in an inviting manner.

The kick was OK until 0:36. At that point, you need a tighter kick and more of other percussion than a few tom hits and a tinny snare. I don't even hear a single hi hat. =O

0:52 was especially bare. It almost sounds like a fake piano, but anyways, it's not enough to be a little mini breakdown. You need some filler instrument, like a pad or sweeper drone.

1:36 gets muddy in the low end, and an easy part to fixing it is to raise the lead one octave up. 2:06-2:35 is a repeat of the intro a few times with the drums of 0:37, a few new tom hits, and less reverb on the phaser saw.

2:35-3:39 is a repeat of 1:06-2:05 with the addition of the phaser saw and no notes changed.

If I could name two times that you repeated things, it's a good sign to put more effort into your work. I think you can do it. Try to think of something to vary up a section significantly from the previous one, and try really hard not to repeat anything verbatim. :)

Edited by timaeus222