MP3 hosting for Submission

_SHO_

Hey,

I was just wondering if someone could recommend a site that hosts MP3s when I want to submit one. I have seen a few sites but they all seem pretty hardcore on their copyright policy which may be an issue with OCremixes. I have two remixes to submit and this issue has hindered me from doing so thus far.

What do other remixers do when they submit?

Cheers

Sho

Soundclick is one viable hosting option. Filefront and Rapidshare can also be used, as well as sites like Purevolume and Myspace. Some remixers have their own webspace, and others lend out their webspace to other remixers for temporary hosting.

From our (the judges') perspective, we like something that is very easy to download. Honestly, don't worry about the copyright thing. Legally, this whole site stands on shaky ground to begin with, but it's harmless and no different from fanart or fanfiction.

Yes you can use soundclick and file front etc, but those personally seem like too much of a hassle to me. I also noticed soundclick modifies your files, something I also don't like. When I submitted something about an year ago, I just signed up for a quick account on angelfire, uploaded it, then made a quick index site with a link to that track. No issues, directly download it quickly.

Another alternative that I much prefer to others is savefile.com

Just my advice.

www.tindeck.com . About Soundclick - I don't like that you have to sign up to download the mp3 :(.

Well the judges have a soundclick account we use to get files hosted on soundclick, but it's always better to just host on some free webspace that allows direct linking. Angelfire is usually good enough, as long as you're not sharing that link with anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently started doing this, but MySpace is pretty good for music file hosting, since:

1) It's free.

2) It has no limit to file space.

3) People will eventually find and listen to it, so even if it isn't good enough for OCReMix, it's still good enough for the people on MySpace.

The only drawback is you can only host 4 songs at a time.