Wow, the Sweetwater people followed up on me

At some point in my life, I was thinking of buying an Alesis Micron, so I called Sweetwater to get an idea of what their shipping rates and total cost of the system was. Eventually, after looking at my finances very carefully, I decided that I really, really didn't have the money to justify the purchase and then decided not to buy anything.

Well, a few days ago, a representative E-mailed me back, asking if I was still interested in the Micron, and that they'd be willing to discuss it if I was. I thought that was rather nice of them to have kept me in their database under "potential customer". Now that I have a little more money (they underpaid me a couple of months ago), I might have to consider this again. Maybe after my trips in the summer.

It's nice to have good customer service representatives.

By the way, for those of you who are wondering, if you ship from the US to Canada using FedEx Express, you don't have to pay brokerage fees; they're included.

Thanks for the tip; that's good to know. When prices are pretty uniform across the board for kit, things like customer service level really make a difference. I'm getting set to get a controller and possibly the new Korg drum pad controller as well - I'll keep these guys in mind.

Yeah, man; I LOVE Sweetwater. Those folks have some of the best customer service I've ever encountered. Very prompt shipping times too, and they're flexible on a lot of different things.

What do you mean by flexible? Like rearranging package deals?

At Novamusik, they are offering free headphones with their Alesis Micron, so I was considering buying mine from there. I've mentioned it to Sweetwater but they didn't promise me anything to compete with that. I didn't bring it up recently but I might do so again when I consider buying the Micron in the future.

I myself ordered from Sweetwater an Edirol UA-4FX, for recording MIDI from piano as well as vocals. When it failed to show up at my doorstep two weeks later, I called them and - in less than a minute - I was connected to a guy who told me that they were out of stock. I was somewhat expecting this, though, since the UA-4FX is a brand new interface that hardly anyone has managed to get yet. (Their first stock of it only came in on February 28.)

In the end, though, he gave me the extension of a guy at Sweetwater who I could call and bug any time about the status of my order and whatever other questions I had. Nice!

Sweetwater is all about massaging the customer. It's an excellent way of doing business, considering the type of product they sell. They're like salesman in a fine clothier for gentemen...it's all about you and what you. The model is so succesful the Musician's Friend (the largest music retailer in the world), is planning on launching a similar site very soon...but I think that's still kind of a secret.

Lol, there's like a billion fliers all around my campus from Sweetwater looking for potential "Sales Engineers". Who knows, I might try for an interview after I graduate this summer. Gotta get a job sooner or later.

Honestly, that's one sales job I'd really really like.