OCR02711 - Mega Man 10 & 6 "Totally Rad Winter"

djpretzel

Glad some people enjoyed it.

Some fun facts about the track:

-It started with me playing the beat of new order's "vanishing point" on my rock band drumkit connected as an electronic drumkit to my DAW. I thought it was pretty good so I played some variations, quantisized some parts and used it.

-The bass has an striking but unintentional resemblance to Moroder+Donna Summer's "I feel love". I reckon it may have been a subconscious thing since I listen to a lot of Moroder's stuff.

-This song was composed in the same round as Brandon's "She's a squirter". Also it didn't even reach the top 5 in the votes. I guess it was a good round.

-Check out this year's Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet for more Mega Man awesomeness!

I was thinking about getting the Rock Band drum kit just to use as a set of MIDI drums.

How well does it work?:-P

It's laggy as hell. Also not worth it these days when a rock band drum kit goes for 300 bucks, and then you need the cymbals addons if you want to be authentic and play your own beats. I assigned some samples via midi in my DAW and recorded the drums just listening to the taps on the kit, and not on the actual result. Then I put my headphones on to see if it was any good. With a real electronic drum set (which isn't as laggy) you could just play as with a normal drum set.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02711 - Mega Man 10 & 6 "Totally Rad Winter"