*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'On the Other Side of the Mountain'

Liontamer

Email sub file Other Side of the Mountain.mp3

404 recovery:

To: <submissions@ocremix.org>

Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:36:50 -0500

Subject: YouSendIt Delivery Notification: On the Other Side of the Mountain.mp3

Hello,

You have a file named "On the Other Side of the Mountain.mp3" (3882 KB) from annusmirabilis@hotmail.com waiting for download.

annusmirabilis@hotmail.com says:

remixer name: Tree Wizard

email address: annusmirabilis@hotmail.com

game remixed: Final Fantasy VII

song remixed: On the Other Side of the Mountain

comments: this is my first remix. When I played FF7 in 1998, this song stuck out to me even though it is only featured in a small portion of the game, and has not received much acclaim. I recorded it today in my noisy apartment at college, but I thought the background noises gave it a nice kind of real-world ambience to it. I hope you enjoy it and find it suitable for your site!

You can click on the following link to retrieve your file. The link will expire in 7 days

and will be available for a limited number of downloads.

On the Other Side of the Mountain.mp3 (3882 KB)

If you have any questions, please email support@yousendit.com.

The YouSendIt Team

If your email client does not accept HTML, please use this link to download your file:

-----------------------------------------------------

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FF7_psf.rar - 407 "On the Other Side of the Mountain"

Well, this is a violation of the site guidelines, but I put it up here since it would have made the panel anyway.

Submission Instructions & Standards[/url'>]In terms of arrangement - how close or distant ReMixes should be to the original - the general rule is that the ReMix should be YOURS. We don't just mean that you were involved in its creation, but that it is different enough from the original so as to readily illustrate the contributions, modifications, and enhancements you have made. In other words, don't just take the original and drop a few drum loops on top. Also, don't simply take a MIDI file and assign new instruments to the parts, or add reverb, and expect that to pass as 'yours'. When we say 'ReMix', we actually mean something closer to 're-arrangement', if that helps clarify. If you listen to most of the pieces on the site and compare them to the originals, you should get an idea of what a ReMix is.

To elaborate, I thought the performance here was pretty good. It's cool that you learned how to play the song, and the recording was well-done as well. But this is nothing more than a straight playthrough of the original tune. The original tune itself is already made with a solo synthetic string instrument. So your solo acoustic guitar version with the verbatim melody and the same tempo sounds practically the same. Your title's even the same as the original.

You're, more likely than not, completely new to the site, but this site is a rearrangement site. We don't accept any straightforward covers. If you want to personalize the arrangement, read the Submission Instructions & Standards linked to above and get an idea of what you need to do. Listen to the most recent Final Fantasy 7 ReMixes (or anything from any game you're familiar with) and you'll get more of an idea of the interpretation and personalization factor that's necessary to get something accepted. Put your own substantial spin and additional ideas on the source material you choose.

NO OVERRIDE

Feel free to post any of your work in our Works forum in order to get feedback from the community. But please submit only unique, personalized, interpretive arrangements. Your guitar skills would easily translate well to more comprehensive rearrangements, so I hope you stick around the community, Scott.