Deus Ex Machina (Song of Storms) - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Silent Edge

After a long time of silence, here I am, back on ocr forums!

I'm the guy who attempted production a couple of years ago by writing two Final Fantasy arrangements as a start, but they really weren't so good...

(You can find them here [FFVIII] and here [FFX])

I eventually left production behind for a while, but lately I started studying and applying it very seriously.

The following is a little sketch of a Zelda rearrangrment I wrote in the last two days. It's much higher level from my previous productions, but there's still much job to do... So I'd love to hear what you guys think about this sketch!

You can find it here: http://soundcloud.com/im-limit-break/deus-ex-machina-song-of-storms

Nice atmosphere at the beggining. The guitar sounds a bit fake but I love the melody (wouldn't a piano be a better fit?).

Flute is really really low in volume. It's the only connection to the source in the beggining, so you should raise its volume. The melody you wrote for it is very pretty.

I love the section at 0:44.

Section at 0:59 is the weakest of the song imo. Those choir samples aren't very good.

Overall, nice song. The arrangement is good, creates a nice atmosphere. It reminds me of a song from Assassin's Creed 2 (but I forgot the name!).

Production isn't as strong though. Most instruments sound very mechanical, especially the guitar. Piano sounds very mechanical in its small solo section too...

Production isn't as strong though. Most instruments sound very mechanical, especially the guitar. Piano sounds very mechanical in its small solo section too...

Yeah, that might be because there's actually no post production yet, I wrote this sketch very fast, and with a different computer than mine, so I had to leave post-production behind and focused on the development of the track only.

I'll post produce and continue it on my computer as soon as I get home!