OCR02712 - Super Metroid "Shinesparks"

djpretzel

:o

Oh... My... God... That legendary remix that kept silent, sitting right there on the "conditional" corner, never appearing on the frontpage since I first registered to OCR boards... I _had_ to listen to this and comment!

It's... a lot different from what I was expecting. Somehow I thought this would scream EDM, but when I hit play, I laughed hard at that sweet lovely marimba. That said, no matter what genre this should be called, it's still a very pleasant jazzy thing to listen to.

Seriously, this mix has piqued my curiosity for a long time. Glad to know it's finally published!

it's real :shock:

this is an incredibly sensitive performance, especially considering that all the parts were recorded individually (?) im definitely feeling maridia here, not just the literal theme, but that it somehow manages to be both hauntingly alien yet inviting

though i do think its odd that the percussion is limited exclusively to cymbals, especially given the limited resonant characteristics of the samples, where toms or even a little brushed snare might have given some support to what is otherwise a largely pointillistic texture.

Holy shit, it's... SHINESPARKS! I literally dropped everything that I was doing in order to give this legendary track a listen. :nicework:

*Ahem*

Very nice and different interpretation of the theme that everyone knows so well. The instrument combination is great, and it's smooth as all hell - I can see why it was on the 'conditional posting' list for so long, as I wouldn't want to downright reject it, either.

I would be very happy if Nathan knew that his music was finally posted, and was encouraged to produce more awesome musics for the site!

Wow, congrats on doing the keyboard parts in one take. You must know the chords inside and out.

I liked how liberal the arrangement was, as it kept throwing out new ideas and kept me listening. The production is solid, and I think the electric keyboard was well situated underneath the piano without falling too far beneath the texture. Though the marimba was substituting for bass, I felt it could have had a solo or two, especially in the sparser parts of the mix! Nonetheless, excellent job and I'm sad this wasn't released sooner.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02712 - Super Metroid "Shinesparks"